Kanye to The banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it because the OS is secure? Or just no one bothers and just makes the viruses for PC?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Macs... viruses actually DO exist for them. I'll say... less than 3% of all viruses in the world can actually infect Macs as well.

Viruses for macs exist but they are often rare. You see, alot of people today uses a PC and very few people use a Mac. Hackers tend to go after PCs rather than Macs just because they have higher chances of getting their victim. If they make mac virus, then obviously they have very little chance of getting a victim.

Also..as more mac users become available, then the mac virus writers will increase as well, which leads to more mac viruses...

·
Registered
30,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Armin Van Buuren said:
viruses are fucked , its like a bunch of nerds who hate the world and find ways to fuck up other peoples computers ffs
I know what losers would want to make viruses in the first place.

Also I know Macs have a few viruses, e.g. that MacDefender thing, and I think there was a Trojan in a torrent of iLife or something.

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
there are viruses trojans etc for macs. but because macs are somewhat advertised as being secure people dont know they have one until the a trojan and keylogger has fucked them up the ass.

when someone goes to program a virus what one do you think they are gonna program it for

95% of the population

or

about 5%

it isnt the 90s anymore viruses are used for much more useful tasks

·
Registered
63,121 Posts
Mozeley said:
there are viruses trojans etc for macs. but because macs are somewhat advertised as being secure people dont know they have one until the a trojan and keylogger has fucked them up the ass.

when someone goes to program a virus what one do you think they are gonna program it for

95% of the population

or

about 5%

it isnt the 90s anymore viruses are used for much more useful tasks
SP said:
Because people don't make viruses for Macs
In the case of Linux operating systems, that number is around 1%. The use of signed repositories instead of individual application updates is another nice preventave measure. :slick:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Armin Van Buuren said:
viruses are fucked , its like a bunch of nerds who hate the world and find ways to fuck up other peoples computers ffs
Nobody makes a virus that just deletes stuff, usually it's malware that keyloggs/controls your computer remotely to steal financial information.

L

·
0 Posts
Antivirus companies hire people to make viruses so they can sell their software TBH :slick:

·
Registered
15,808 Posts
Because it is MACOSX is writtin with a Linux Shell. This means, your main account is an administrator, but not the main user that runs all the system crap.. so, if you get a virus, it cant do anything because you do not have the rights to do anything with it. Thats my understanding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts