Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It saddens me a little bit when the dudes who made Hip-Hop what it is aren't big or even known about my most fans today. For example, I'm a metal head in my spare time. I've been to metal concerts, I've been to festivals like Sonisphere, and there has always been a wide age group.

For example at Soni, there were teens and dudes in their 30s and 40s going apeshit for somewhat newer bands like Slipknot, Mastodon, Volbeat etc. But when the older bands come on, they get the same response. They still know and respect all of the veterans. Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Motorhead, Diamond Head etc. Crowds of 60,000+ getting down in fields to music spanning nearly 4 decades! Hell, even Black Sabbath hit number 1 on the album charts the other day! Metal fans keep their pioneers alive.

On the other hand, I saw Grandmaster Flash earlier this year in a small, dingy club in Southampton. DJ Jazzy Jeff was in a similar place in Southampton a few weeks afterwards. Dudes KRS One, Rakim, De La Soul among many many others, they're all still making music, but it seems no one gives a fuck. Why don't we put our legends in the charts or make them sell out arenas? Jay-Z is the oldest mainstream rapper we have right now and he's barely into his 40s.

I don't understand why generally speaking, we only fuck with the new and forget the old :/

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
I see all the legends whenever they tour here. but they dont put out albums or any proper mixtape, theyre just living and staking from tours

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raccoon Face said:
:lol:

Hip hop fans are the biggest fucking dustheads ever, the fuck you talking about?
Then why don't we support them like others do then? Obviously there are a lot of dudes who fuck with the old shit, but it's like we fuck with the music and not the artists if that makes sense. Otherwise when a veteran drops a record, everybody would know about it.

·
Registered
22,367 Posts
It wasn't always like this OP.. Literally this generation sucks.

You can't be influenced by other genres or artist without them saying you're "biting" or that you're unoriginal. It's pretty fucking sad tbh. They don't appreciate the past hip hop which helped paved the way for the new artists they enjoy now.

Everything is "dusty" if its old school. Which leads you to be made fun of if you pay homage or listen to old school music.

This generation also has ADD which plays a HUGE part of this entire thing. They don't recognize or remember or might just flat out dont know past hip hop for the influence it has on today's artists.

/rant

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polo said:
Right on man :/ The really important guys don't get what ought to be coming to them :/

·
Banned
23,818 Posts
Polo said:

You can't be influenced by other genres or artist without them saying you're "biting" or that you're unoriginal. It's pretty fucking sad tbh. They don't appreciate the past hip hop which helped paved the way for the new artists they enjoy now.

Everything is "dusty" if its old school. Which leads you to be made fun of if you pay homage or listen to old school music.

This generation also has ADD which plays a HUGE part of this entire thing. They don't recognize or remember or might just flat out dont know past hip hop for the influence it has on today's artists.

/rant
BRO its only on KTT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pimp Ricky said:
go on youtube *****
Right let me put it this way.
Why is it that a pioneering band from the 80s like Megadeth can sell out a large arena and a pioneering MC from the 80s like KRS One can't?

·
Registered
34,522 Posts
because hip-hop fans are the worst fanbase of any fanbase of music ever

·
Registered
22,529 Posts
They're not trying anymore to appeal to the masses, and hip hop fans have ADHD

don't forget that most of these 80s rap fans don't go to shows or buy music, they just listen to music on youtube

·
Registered
642 Posts
Idk if you can handle the truth but the reason for this is the fanbase. The majority of those bands fanbase are white while mostly ****** bump Rakim etc and we all know ****** dont buy cds. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nessy said:
They're not trying anymore to appeal to the masses, and hip hop fans have ADHD

don't forget that most of these 80s rap fans don't go to shows or buy music, they just listen to music on youtube
Lol Ye wasn't exactly trying to appeal to the masses, and yet we're all over Yeezus like crazy.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts