Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

Registered
I don't know why you guys want part 2's of songs like these. I feel like it would poison the magic of the first FL. Look how Solo Dolo Pt. 2 turned out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kabel said:
I don't know why you guys want part 2's of songs like these. I feel like it would poison the magic of the first FL. Look how Solo Dolo Pt. 2 turned out.
???
You didnt hear the unfinished version?

Banned
Kabel said:
:sarc2: haven't heard it yet. Heard of it though.

Gimme a lank.
I was thinking of making a post about it today actually since I've been bumping this a lot lately.
Glad to see it's still talked about, even though it was never released, or even finished, it's so beautiful.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taras98 said:
I was thinking of making a post about it today actually since I've been bumping this a lot lately.
Glad to see it's still talked about, even though it was never released, or even finished, it's so beautiful.
YES聽 :cryfam:

Registered
flashing lights 2 just sounded like a remixed version for live performances..never really thought it would be released officially

Registered
aint got the time b :kanyeshrug:

Banned
AJYP said:
flashing lights 2 just sounded like a remixed version for live performances..never really thought it would be released officially
What about the lyrics
"Hey everybody tonight's the night, I've been waiting my whole life, who would have known what it was like; running from these flashing lights" ?
Is that just nothing?
What about the video where he and Charlie Wilson are singing that over (nearly) the same beat in the video above?

Registered
Taras98 said:
What about the lyrics
"Hey everybody tonight's the night, I've been waiting my whole life, who would have known what it was like; running from these flashing lights" ?
Is that just nothing?
What about the video where he and Charlie Wilson are singing that over (nearly) the same beat in the video above?

Banned
Princay said:
Yes, exactly, I know, that's what I'm saying.
But the guy above is saying that the beat is just a remixed version of Flashing Lights for live performances, but then there's that video and what not.
Unless you're just posting the video to add this this thread, woops :hah:

Registered
Taras98 said:
Yes, exactly, I know, that's what I'm saying.
But the guy above is saying that the beat is just a remixed version of Flashing Lights for live performances, but then there's that video and what not.
Unless you're just posting the video to add this this thread, woops :hah:
I dont think it is remix for live performances. There are different lyrics and Kanye has never performed these lyrics and I dont think he has performed with Charlie Wilson either. They were just working on music and I am also basing this off the fact that Kanye is doing a new verse on Good Friday at the end. The song is probably in the vault with Popular, Living So Italian, and Awesome.

Banned
Princay said:
I dont think it is remix for live performances. There are different lyrics and Kanye has never performed these lyrics and I dont think he has performed with Charlie Wilson either. They were just working on music and I am also basing this off the fact that Kanye is doing a new verse on Good Friday at the end. The song is probably in the vault with Popular, Living So Italian, and Awesome.
dat beat
and 1:24
and Kanye forgetting lyrics :hah:
Who knows, maybe it was just an alternate version made for fun for live performances... this one live performance.
Or maybe Kanye made the song, tried a bit of it out live, but decided to scrap it

squilliam said:
Imagine this was on yeezus :(
I don't see it fitting tho :cryfam:
I could see it being on Graduation (even though it already has Flashing Lights) or being on 808s (it's a bit too happy sounding for 808s though) or something between those albums.

Registered
Taras98 said:
dat beat
Who knows, maybe it was just an alternate version made for fun for live performances... this one live performance.
Or maybe Kanye made the song, tried a bit of it out live, but decided to scrap it
Good find, but in the studio Charlie was talking about coming in between raps so I imagine there were verses. Hopefully Kanye decided not to scrap it and finish the song because the beat is hot

Registered
Taras98 said:
dat beat
I don't see it fitting tho :cryfam:
I could see it being on Graduation (even though it already has Flashing Lights) or being on 808s (it's a bit too happy sounding for 808s though) or something between those albums.
Or GOOD ASS JOB ?!

Banned
Princay said:
Good find, but in the studio Charlie was talking about coming in between raps so I imagine there were verses. Hopefully Kanye decided not to scrap it and finish the song because the beat is hot
Well, he got as far as the beat and hook.
I had a feeling that everything except maybe verses was done (and you know, stuff like mixing, mastering and what not)

squilliam said:
Or GOOD ASS JOB ?!
Someday, fam...SOMEDAY :cryfam:

kimotrip said:
beat is fucking beautiful
Isn't it?
and that's just the remake.
I have a feeling the final version would have more to it and definitely some change ups - so, even better.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.