Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This girl was on top of the world from 2002-2004... she put together a solid pop album, Stripped, which was arguably the best amongst the collection of her former peers (Justin, Beyoncé, Britney, etc.) She became masterful in crafting creative, now iconic imagery through her fashion, photoshoots, and music videos (see... Dirrty, Beautiful, Fighter, Voice Within). But then her next album underperformed and her most recent releases, Bionic, and Lotus were completely ignored.

Will she forever be just a relic of the early 2000's or is there still a chance for a comeback?

·
Registered
18,823 Posts
The problem that most pop artists (and artists in general) have to overcome to remain relevant and up to snuff is how to evolve and adapt their music with the times. The best of them make music that defines their era, while others are just products of the environment. Christina, along with many other pop stars of her generation, now is just trying to make music that, in some way of another, replicates whatever is popular these days, instead of actually doing something original or unique to herself (not that she was ever that original in the first place really).

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dick B said:
The problem that most pop artists (and artists in general) have to overcome to remain relevant and up to snuff is how to evolve and adapt their music with the times. The best of them make music that defines their era, while others are just products of the environment. Christina, along with many other pop stars of her generation, now is just trying to make music that, in some way of another, replicates whatever is popular these days, instead of actually doing something original or unique to herself (not that she was ever that original in the first place really).
That can't be entirely the case. Britney Spears and Rihanna have built solid careers out of following that pop mold and only deviating a bit to get some edge. Both of them remain highly relevant.

·
Registered
18,823 Posts
Basquiat said:
That can't be entirely the case. Britney Spears and Rihanna have built solid careers out of following that pop mold and only deviating a bit to get some edge. Both of them remain highly relevant.
You can more or less say that they are products of their environment, just savvy enough to keep up with the times. Plus I think lots of artists such as Britney ride a little off their past successes to remain relevant.

·
Registered
22,519 Posts
k-dot said:
she can make a comeback if she really tried
this tbh. i think she's lazy and has this false sense of entitlement. like "i was a teen idol 10-13 years ago along with Britney, JT and Beyonce. bow down to me". and in her mind that's supposed to carry her career . what she fails to realize is people are just not that into her anymore.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OPB said:
this tbh. i think she's lazy and has this false sense of entitlement. like "i was a teen idol 10-13 years ago along with Britney, JT and Beyonce. bow down to me". and in her mind that's supposed to carry her career . what she fails to realize is people are just not that into her anymore.
OPB said:

...and that she hasn't even touched the level of success of Britney and Beyoncé to be grouped with them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.