Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they are on a 5 game winning streak, but they are an 8th seed just above Milwaukee and I don't understand why. The east is quite good this year but I see no reason they should be below Boston, Atlanta, or even maybe the Pacers. That starting line up is stacked. You have a decent if not sometimes good point guard, a decent shooting guard, a top 5 small forward, a power forward who is supposed to be very good (why everyone is obsessed with Amare Stoudemire I may never understand), and quite a good center. The bench is above average. What the fuck is going on with this team. Did D'antoni really suck that much?

·
Registered
56,205 Posts
December 4th said:
You're going to have to elaborate. Their talent alone should put them higher up.
Sometimes talent doesn't mesh well together.  Sometimes it only does in certain situations.  To win games you have to play as a team and I think NY has had some major issues with that for chunks of the season.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Nick said:
Sometimes talent doesn't mesh well together.  Sometimes it only does in certain situations.  To win games you have to play as a team and I think NY has had some major issues with that for chunks of the season.
This

Guys like Melo, JR, Amare are all essentially one dimensional scorers, you can't just throw them on the team and expect them to mesh well. They've played more team oriented ball recently and it's lead to wins.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.