Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently having this discussion with one of my friends. I know a lot of people on this site don't fuck with old-school rappers and that influences a lot of the lists I see because they mostly have more modern-day rappers , but if we're talking about "greatest of all time", wouldn't influence and impact come into play? A rapper like KRS has loads of influence but he's dismissed as "dusty". I'm curious as to why this is.

Here's my friend's list, in no order:

LL Cool J
Eminem
Big Daddy Kane
Krs-One
Ice Cube
Rakim
Jay
Pac
BIG
Nas

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
KRS-One is a pretentious, pseudo-intellectual that doesn't know what an internal rhyme scheme is. fuck em

·
Registered
18,806 Posts
I respect what every 80s rapper has done to the genre, but I feel 90's artists surpassed them. It's prolly just the production tho.

·
Read Only
73,246 Posts
i dont like KRS-one tbh

does he make conscience rap or does he just rap about rapping/other bad rappers?

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
Lavender Blonde said:
KRS is on every list except the one's on this site. I just don't get it lol. >.<
A lot of that is old-school dickriding tbh

And in terms of just technique rap has progressed far past KRS-One and LL Cool J.

·
Premium Member
55,321 Posts
who is KRS-One?

lol that was a joke

neither of their music seems very special to me :kanyeshrug: but i give them their props

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TBM said:
A lot of that is old-school dickriding tbh

And in terms of just technique rap has progressed far past KRS-One and LL Cool J.
So? When asking for "GOATS", it's "of all time", not "of a time in history". If we're only going to be counting modern rappers because we like their production better, that doesn't make sense to me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts