Kanye to The banner

41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
redpimp said:
What is the deal with that Ian Connor vs ASAP Bar/ Theophilus London beef? Anyone know?
lol random but I think ****** was on here was saying Ian on suicide alert due to his tweets?

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Choose a username said:
lol random but I think ****** was on here was saying Ian on suicide alert due to his tweets?
Why is ASAP playing captain save a hoe around the world?

Heard they got at him for being a "rapist" in freaking Paris of all places.

·
Banned
2,645 Posts
Choose a username said:
I highly agree with everyone and everything you said on this list except Rocky. Rocky to me is a try hard and tries to prove himself sometimes, like the whole fashion shit. Thing about Rocky is he's real charismatic so that's more so what we get drawn to, but I feel Rocky isn't the most comfortable in his skin. Idk like how you said your instincts read Drake a certain way, mine does too with Rocky
  Word? I really can't read it from Rocky. The high fashion stuff I just feel like w/e about it. I know ****** that went to school with him and he'd have his hair flat ironed or whatever and ****** were calling him gay and [email protected] but he never cared, he was pulling mad girls... n he always wore suspect stuff from time. just off those things, i don't find him insecure.

even when they asked him on the breakfast club, about what he wore at 106 & park (which looked suspect), i felt like, he didn't really defend himself in an insecure way. i thought he handled that appropriately.

You're right though, it might just be that he's so charismatic, and the other things I've heard about him from the past, that clout me from seeing of he's insecure.

----

On another note, Jay Z is insecure IMO. That whole beef with Nas... Like yo, he really went OUT OF HIS WAY to have sex with Nas' babymomma. ****** in Queens and Brooklyn from that time period know. Hov was on some lame shit like literally asking "can I smash" every week to the babymoms. Eventually, at a point when she got fed up with Nas, she gave it up to Hov to get back at Nas because she knew they had friction towards each other, and that it would piss him off.

However, Nas is such a cool and calm person that he got over that shit quick, I've realized that Nas never even really cares about stuff pertaining females, he's always just like "whatever" about it.

Then Hov with the whole... DMX vs Ja vs Jay rivalry. He a sucka in that time period too lol. He did shit to mess up DMX's album roll out afterwards too when he was President of DefJam.

Also, I've seen a Young Guru interview like... 3 years ago I believe.
And he was saying how "I tell Hov all the time, you're never gonna be better than BIG, and this is why:" and then he breaks down the last verse of Biggie's "****** Bleed"

That made me react like... wait why does Guru always have to say that? Is it because they have convos where Jay is saying that he's better than BIG?

I'm not too quite sure about current Jay. I can't tell apart from ok this is "business Jay" so he has to act the best way for his brand, or if it's "Confident Jay"

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Choose a username said:
too young/early to tell yet
just watch his interviews, if he can act like he does without being worried about people judging him/thinking he's retarded he's clearly pretty damn comfortable in his own skin. but maybs ya have a point

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
redpimp said:
Why is ASAP playing captain save a hoe around the world?

Heard they got at him for being a "rapist" in freaking Paris of all places.
Yeah it was lowkey funny at the time, but the video Bari was telling him to stop acting Hollywood and remember where he came from. So my guess Ian was acting shady towards ******. U know how NY is tho ****** take everything the wrong way and personal

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Choose a username said:
Yeah it was lowkey funny at the time, but the video Bari was telling him to stop acting Hollywood and remember where he came from. So my guess Ian was acting shady towards ******. U know how NY is tho ****** take everything the wrong way and personal
What's your thoughts on the whole ASAP crew?

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
AssBeadSquad said:
just watch his interviews, if he can act like he does without being worried about people judging him/thinking he's retarded he's clearly pretty damn comfortable in his own skin. but maybs ya have a point
I'm not sure how old you are but I'm 22 and was 18 once. He's newly 18 too, that's that young wildin don't give a fuck full of energy age and no self awareness, plus he getting all this love thrown at him off one song so I know that's where that stems from. The challenge is seeing how high that confidence remains as you journey down life more. See as babies were all born with confidence and charisma, but events in life start to tackle and bring down those qualities, some wayyyyyy more severe  than others obviously.

·
Banned
2,645 Posts
Choose a username said:
I am curious to know why you prefer 2016 Gucci?
It's honestly against the norm than what I've seen posted on these forums, most have been saying the new Gucci a clone and bla bla and he ain't as confident/ charismatic no more. Me personally I haven't paid close attention to 2016 Gucci to know, but I def was highly entertained by pre-jail chubby Gucci
yeah they're saying that about gucci because they like drug-induced gucci
they like eratic gucci
they like a gucci mane who is a direct byproduct of the hood
they like gucci who goes on a rant and sons people

i liked all that shit too or whatever, but... i love watching people grow to be a better person too. he's eating healthy, he looks really peaceful, he's very calm. he hasn't lost his humor, because he's still making jokes, and trolling with his "sophisticated accent" which i guess he's trying to mimic british royalty.

he's in good spirits. he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. gucci is very self aware of who he is, his legendary status in the rap game, & etc.

gucci pre-prison... although he was a person i looked up to as "this is power" and i'd laugh when he put envy in his place in the breakfast club interview, or he'd go and diss jeezy's dead homie on a song

i knew he had problems within himself that he had to fix, that were haunting him or just fluttering about. he deadass hit a soldier in the head with a bottle at the club. yeah whatever it's funny, but when you think about it... why? i laughed about it for months but when i digested the fact that gucci might have mental problems, i knew that this was no longer something to laugh about, because here's someone on the path to destruction, who we all supposedly love, but we're laughing at him for doing actions derived off of his problems? i also looked at it as, the reactions we're giving, the laughter and how the world is reacting, are these fueling the fire to gucci just continuing on the path of recklessness?

gucci is def at the best stage of his life right now. just chilling at home, taking it easy. im really happy for him. i loved tru life's antics too, but i love seeing what he has become as well.

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
itiswhatitism said:
  Word? I really can't read it from Rocky. The high fashion stuff I just feel like w/e about it. I know ****** that went to school with him and he'd have his hair flat ironed or whatever and ****** were calling him gay and [email protected] but he never cared, he was pulling mad girls... n he always wore suspect stuff from time. just off those things, i don't find him insecure.

even when they asked him on the breakfast club, about what he wore at 106 & park (which looked suspect), i felt like, he didn't really defend himself in an insecure way. i thought he handled that appropriately.

You're right though, it might just be that he's so charismatic, and the other things I've heard about him from the past, that clout me from seeing of he's insecure.

----

On another note, Jay Z is insecure IMO. That whole beef with Nas... Like yo, he really went OUT OF HIS WAY to have sex with Nas' babymomma. ****** in Queens and Brooklyn from that time period know. Hov was on some lame shit like literally asking "can I smash" every week to the babymoms. Eventually, at a point when she got fed up with Nas, she gave it up to Hov to get back at Nas because she knew they had friction towards each other, and that it would piss him off.

However, Nas is such a cool and calm person that he got over that shit quick, I've realized that Nas never even really cares about stuff pertaining females, he's always just like "whatever" about it.

Then Hov with the whole... DMX vs Ja vs Jay rivalry. He a sucka in that time period too lol. He did shit to mess up DMX's album roll out afterwards too when he was President of DefJam.

Also, I've seen a Young Guru interview like... 3 years ago I believe.
And he was saying how "I tell Hov all the time, you're never gonna be better than BIG, and this is why:" and then he breaks down the last verse of Biggie's "****** Bleed"

That made me react like... wait why does Guru always have to say that? Is it because they have convos where Jay is saying that he's better than BIG?

I'm not too quite sure about current Jay. I can't tell apart from ok this is "business Jay" so he has to act the best way for his brand, or if it's "Confident Jay"
As far as the whole hair thing goes, that was at the time when Max B was hot. So it's easier to brush shit off like "well max do it and ppl love him so I can too" I know 90% of kids have that mentality just look at KTT. But that doesn't necessarily mean that's Rocky's source of reasoning.

Now there's a difference between confidence in ya clothes and confidence just in yaself. I feel Rocky has high confidence in his fashion (as the example u mentioned) and a lot of that stems from how much money you paid and that it's trendy. Now I'm sure you've heard ****** say all the time "***** I paid a rack on these shoes" and have bragging rights. Hell even Kanye said "I spent 400 bucks on this just to be like ***** u ain't up on this".....so spending a lot of bread on clothes gives a sense of confidence and arrogance that actually might be false depending on the person. And like I said too his shit he rocks is trendy, maybe not always in the hip hop world but definitely in the fashion world, a place he's showed acknowledgement and love to.

And as far as Jay Z goes, I'm not sure because a lot of it is based off of rumors. Even rumors from a bitch at that and u know bitches love gossip wether it's true or false. Jay z doesn't really give us much personality wise, in interviews he's lowkey awkward, but nautically seems like an introverted dude even tho he has a quiet wittiness to him. I think I merely judge it off dudes music. Dude honestly has one the most confident deliveries of all time. Easily top 3 imo.

·
Banned
2,645 Posts
AssBeadSquad said:
i have a hard time classifying him as confident... off top I just feel like he's delusional. there's a very thin line between confidence and delusion sometimes, this is one of those cases. he's either one or the other, but we wouldn't really know which one he is unless we actually knew him in person (in a scenario like this).

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
redpimp said:
What's your thoughts on the whole ASAP crew?
in 2011 I loved everything about them. Now a days it's meh to me. Getting old. I'm really curious to why 12vy and Nast still have no projects to this day.
Music wise there meh overall, I think 12vy highkey the best actual spitter tho, he's just missing that flare Rocky has.

Fashion wise, hell I think besides 12vy they care about fashion more than music at this point.
But each member  def has charisma to them, I think Nast has underrated levels of charisma, I mean he's a toothless ex-crackhead so I mean he didn't have much to work with to start.
I feel Yams passing has a major part to do with their dynamics not being as strong now too.

·
Banned
2,645 Posts
Choose a username said:
As far as the whole hair thing goes, that was at the time when Max B was hot. So it's easier to brush shit off like "well max do it and ppl love him so I can too" I know 90% of kids have that mentality just look at KTT. But that doesn't necessarily mean that's Rocky's source of reasoning.

Now there's a difference between confidence in ya clothes and confidence just in yaself. I feel Rocky has high confidence in his fashion (as the example u mentioned) and a lot of that stems from how much money you paid and that it's trendy. Now I'm sure you've heard ****** say all the time "***** I paid a rack on these shoes" and have bragging rights. Hell even Kanye said "I spent 400 bucks on this just to be like ***** u ain't up on this".....so spending a lot of bread on clothes gives a sense of confidence and arrogance that actually might be false depending on the person. And like I said too his shit he rocks is trendy, maybe not always in the hip hop world but definitely in the fashion world, a place he's showed acknowledgement and love to.

And as far as Jay Z goes, I'm not sure because a lot of it is based off of rumors. Even rumors from a bitch at that and u know bitches love gossip wether it's true or false. Jay z doesn't really give us much personality wise, in interviews he's lowkey awkward, but nautically seems like an introverted dude even tho he has a quiet wittiness to him. I think I merely judge it off dudes music. Dude honestly has one the most confident deliveries of all time. Easily top 3 imo.
Yeah if we talking strictly music, he perfected the craft of braggadocious rap. Has there ever been anyone better to do it? I think not. Whereas DMX is the most confident warrior on the mic, Jay Z is the most confident conversationally on the mic. I can listen to any Hov song and imagine him saying these things in conversation, whether he's telling a story or whether he's describing a reality of his situation.

·
Registered
29,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Sanic said:
Honestly bro you put the what smiley as if Kanye is an obvious choice, when everyone knows Kanye is the opposite of a naturally confident person.

Cocky/arrogant rants doesn't equal confidence fam, if you disagree and want to have an actual discussion about it I'm up for it.

41 - 60 of 157 Posts