Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Bloody murder murder murder..." Did you guys realize how well those songs flowed into each other?

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
Flow Key said:
It's nothing.  Jay didn't even write the black strap hook, the people who gave them the beat wrote it.
Nah, they wrote the "who gon stop me, hauh!?". People keep saying that's KW but it's not except the part where Jay-Z repeats it the bar after.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Shy said:
Nah, they wrote the "who gon stop me, hauh!?". People keep saying that's KW but it's not except the part where Jay-Z repeats it the bar after.
"We started creating the track, and it just started to come crazy, so we came up with the concept," Simmonds said before reciting a loose rendition of the song's lyrics. "It was like, 'Who gon stop me, huh? Black cards, Black cars, whole lot of money.' "

To pen the hook on the track, Verse said he first imagined himself in Jigga and Yeezy's shoes. "When I recorded it, everybody was like, 'Yo, you sound just like Kanye, you sound just like Jay-Z,' " he remembered. "It's just crazy, because I felt like, at that moment in time, I was them. I got into that mode of: 'What would these guys say? How would they say it?' I think they heard it the first time and loved it."

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Also, regardless of who wrote it, there's no connection.  The name of the song is "Murder to Excellence."  So Jay sings "Bloody Murder" at the beginning. 

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
Flow Key said:
"We started creating the track, and it just started to come crazy, so we came up with the concept," Simmonds said before reciting a loose rendition of the song's lyrics. "It was like, 'Who gon stop me, huh? Black cards, Black cars, whole lot of money.' "

To pen the hook on the track, Verse said he first imagined himself in Jigga and Yeezy's shoes. "When I recorded it, everybody was like, 'Yo, you sound just like Kanye, you sound just like Jay-Z,' " he remembered. "It's just crazy, because I felt like, at that moment in time, I was them. I got into that mode of: 'What would these guys say? How would they say it?' I think they heard it the first time and loved it."
I'm aware, but he still said it. Unlike the part where people say

Flow Key said:
'Who gon stop me, huh?
is Kanye. I'm also aware that the booklet credits Kanye saying it, but I strongly believe it's them and not his voice. Nevertheless, it still flows into the next track perfectly. Doesn't take away from it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
DarkTwistedReality said:
"Bloody murder murder murder..." Did you guys realize how well those songs flowed into each other?
DUDE! I was going to make this thread for a couple of days now but I thought no one would give a shit. Happy you made it. Thought it was cool too

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SomeDude said:
DUDE! I was going to make this thread for a couple of days now but I thought no one would give a shit. Happy you made it. Thought it was cool too
Dead President024 said:
was hoping i wasnt the only one that noticed this
:h5:

·
Premium Member
6,967 Posts
Flow Key said:
Also, regardless of who wrote it, there's no connection.  The name of the song is "Murder to Excellence."  So Jay sings "Bloody Murder" at the beginning. 
Dude there is clearly a connection. Even if they didn't write the black strap part, whoever put the tracklist together clearly knew what they were doing putting those songs right next to each other. It was a great move IMO.

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Flow Key said:
I never said there was a connection. I just said they flowed together perfectly.

·
Banned
27,694 Posts
Yea i do, which is why i laughed when the reviews said the songs dont flow lol, the topics between new day and made in america are kinda related

1 - 20 of 27 Posts