Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
making college $50,000 a year?

(well apparently new regulations say the federal government will forgive my student loan debt after a certain point ahh fuck it's only for public service, thank, a partial Fuck you Mr. Obama...) but seriously!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
They will forgive it if you are in a certain career... Usually public service, I am studying to become a teacher and I guess after 10 years of me paying loans, the government will take them away.

50K?? I mean I am going to a university paying out of state tution and its only 20k + expenses, so maybe $30,000

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt79d said:
They will forgive it if you are in a certain career... Usually public service, I am studying to become a teacher and I guess after 10 years of me paying loans, the government will take them away.

50K?? I mean I am going to a university paying out of state tution and its only 20k + expenses, so maybe $30,000
well out of state is 50k. if i move there it should be like 30-35k. but let me have my rant please.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Paying $1,000 a semester for tuition....community college though. Plus some how I got grants, so they are basically paying for tuition and books.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuck subsidies for oil companies. i want subsidies for college.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Block said:
Damn what college are you going to that costs 50k a year??  :fuu:

I pay nowhere near that much.
well out of state is 50k ucla, in state is 30 k. i wanna go to ucla. my two picks (that i want) were ucla and usc and i was deciding between the two. both have impressive alumni (nyu has the best though but I'm not going to the city, I wanna live in LA), though because I get UCTV on Dish I been watching a lot of stuff from their and I'm really gravitating toward UCLA. I've yet to visit the campuses but if I had my choice UCLA would be my pick. obviously it'll all boil down to (a) who accepts me (b) who accepts me and (c) whoever the fuck accepts me.

UCLA is cheaper than usc too. if i dont ge into any of those, i guess some other school in la like Calstate or something would be the next choice. but i'm gonna frickin ace the SATs, (i'm gonna be studying like the way rocky trained to beat clobber and drago in 3 and 4 but even worse than that)

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
ktothe2 said:
well out of state is 50k ucla, in state is 30 k. i wanna go to ucla. my two picks (that i want) were ucla and usc and i was deciding between the two. both have impressive alumni (nyu has the best though but I'm not going to the city, I wanna live in LA), though because I get UCTV on Dish I been watching a lot of stuff from their and I'm really gravitating toward UCLA. I've yet to visit the campuses but if I had my choice UCLA would be my pick. obviously it'll all boil down to (a) who accepts me (b) who accepts me and (c) whoever the fuck accepts me.

UCLA is cheaper than usc too. if i dont ge into any of those, i guess some other school in la like Calstate or something would be the next choice. but i'm gonna frickin ace the SATs, (i'm gonna be studying like the way rocky trained to beat clobber and drago in 3 and 4 but even worse than that)
If I were you (I don't know how rich you are) But if I were going to go to USC or UCLA I would move to Cali for a year and go to a cheaper school...After one year you can get residency and pay in-state tuition.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
dc... said:
Do you guys have to pay that straight away?
It depends on one's situation. If you get student loans, depending on the loan setup, most students have to start paying the loans back after graduation.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Block said:
If I were you (I don't know how rich you are) But if I were going to go to USC or UCLA I would move to Cali for a year and go to a cheaper school...After one year you can get residency and pay in-state tuition.
or i can just move to cali next in my last year of high school, starting in the summer, then come back home for school, put a homeless dude there while im gone, and then after school go back and live there in the summer

how bout that?

:dno:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Damn.
In australia we have this thing could 'commonwealth supported places'
Basicky means the government pays for your studys and you only have to pay it back once you start earning over a certain amount.

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
ktothe2 said:
or i can just move to cali next in my last year of high school, starting in the summer, then come back home for school, put a homeless dude there while im gone, and then after school go back and live there in the summer

how bout that?

:dno:
You have to have a cali mailing address tbh

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Block said:
You have to have a cali mailing address tbh
i'd buy an apartment in the summer of 2011. i start college in august of 2012.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Block said:
well there ya go
and plus i'd be doing a homeless guy a favor. making sure christian bale doesn't kill him, right?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Block said:
so ur gonna let a homeless guy live in this apartment?
what's the worst that could happen? (would be hard to get a family member to stay there since my parents are immigrants with their only family in america living in ny)

i mean i guess i could rent it out to someone (what are the laws in renting out a rental to someone?) but giving it to a homeless dude would be dope

1 - 20 of 62 Posts