Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was a solid 6.0/10...so i dont dislike it. Only liked about half the songs.

But was wondering who here disliked it? I rememeber when it first droped there was a large LARGE thread about people hating it..now it seems yall are IN LOVE??? Brainwashing??? lol. but seriouisly..i dont get the sudden change...i think the professional reviews swayed yall. If everyone bashed it i think yall woulda stuck with your first minds. DONT ATTACK ME...im not a hater...just asking..nahmean?

G

·
I listened to it with my brother and we both loved it on the first listen.
Don't be such an idiot.

"OMG YOU GUYS ONLY LIKE IT CUZ PROFESISONALS LIKE IT"

·
Registered
865 Posts
Gwoemul said:
I thought it was a solid 6.0/10...so i dont dislike it. Only liked about half the songs.

But was wondering who here disliked it? I rememeber when it first droped there was a large LARGE thread about people hating it..now it seems yall are IN LOVE??? Brainwashing??? lol. but seriouisly..i dont get the sudden change...i think the professional reviews swayed yall. If everyone bashed it i think yall woulda stuck with your first minds. DONT ATTACK ME...im not a hater...just asking..nahmean?
It's cool if you don't like it. It's stupid to project your/dislikes on others, let them decide and enjoy the music they like.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Eh, the record blows. It's got some good songs, but as an album it completely sucks. It doesn't flow well from front to back, and the structure is retarded. There is no centerpiece to the album, really. "Gotta Have It" is too short. "Who Gon Stop Me" is such an abortion. The redone vocals for "Why I Love You So" are cringeworthy (though, other aspects of the production are good and Jay spits some real shit). Even the good songs (NCITW, NIP, MTE) either remain too flat and never go anywhere or suffer from uninteresting lyrics.

But the flatness is what bothers me the most. I wish they would have taken some of these songs to the next level, made them longer, given them some more parts here and there, etc. The base ideas were decent to good but they didn't push themselves hard enough. Remember at the first listening session when somebody reported that Jay said they re-did the album three times? I'm curious as to what the first cut was like. Maybe they should have gone more technical/epic with it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
whattheysay said:
Eh, the record blows. It's got some good songs, but as an album it completely sucks. It doesn't flow well from front to back, and the structure is retarded. There is no centerpiece to the album, really. "Gotta Have It" is too short. "Who Gon Stop Me" is such an abortion. The redone vocals for "Why I Love You So" are cringeworthy (though, other aspects of the production are good and Jay spits some real shit). Even the good songs (NCITW, NIP, MTE) either remain too flat and never go anywhere or suffer from uninteresting lyrics.
One person's trash is another person's treasure *kanyeshrug* Thought it was a well-done project in both theme and structure.

Disagree with you about the technical lyricism though. It was all over the LP, even if you're not fond of WHAT they were saying.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.