Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did he learn at home or went to school for it?
where did he learn on how to be this musical genius he is today?

G

·
He was making video games at one point, and he would make the music for it, and so on..

And he said once that, he had all these raps, no beats..
0_o

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kevin Abstract said:
He was making video games at one point, and he would make the music for it, and so on..

And he said once that, he had all these raps, no beats..
0_o
yeah but where did he go to make music for video games?

·
Banned
85,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kevin Abstract said:
he was in the 7th Grade.
He said he started making beats in the 7th grade.
Started rapping in the 3rd.
i know when he started doing it, i wanna know what programs and equipment he used to make it back then?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
There is a really old interview on YouTube from a DVD, sorry I can't find link. I will post it up if I do

basically he says he realised he enjoyed the musical aspect of making the Video game. Then one day, when he was 13(?), he was with his dad at some kind of boot sale (or summit)
there was a sampler for sale, he said he wanted it, he talked about how he tried figuring out how he could buy it.
One day his mom brought it home after buying it for him for $100 or something.
The rest is history...

G

·
i know a good comment for this...he started in 7th grade with software...his dad got him a drum machine on a summer and he just learned on his oun like me(our producing story is wayyy similar) but than Dondas friend was No. IDs mom so they met and he was a lil older than kanye but yea than he just kept doing shit at places and than thats when you hear the song "last Call"

G

·
Kevin Abstract said:
he was in the 7th Grade.
He said he started making beats in the 7th grade.
Started rapping in the 3rd.
no in a magazine i remember it said he tried to make like a mario game with vaginas as the "boo" charectors and mario as the penis and all this shit haha

G

·
Evan. said:
no in a magazine i remember it said he tried to make like a mario game with vaginas as the "boo" charectors and mario as the penis and all this shit haha
the penis as mario***

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
"He takes timbaland & neptune's drums,takes old records from his grandma's crib and makes RZA styled samples aaaannnd....****** give him 50,000 dollars." - from some skit on "The Making of Martin Louie the King Jr."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts