Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
7,120 Posts
If they truly are the one, I feel like life will throw obstacles in front of your way to try and alert you that they're "the one". Make you fight for it. Earn it.

Who knows, though. :dno:

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
The one is kind of a fleeting idea. People seemingly destroy relationships or avoid potential ones just so they can find "the one". Is there somebody out there just destined to us? Who knows how the inner workings of life and destiny work, but with how many people there are in the world, I'm willing to bet that there are numerous "the ones" out there for us.

The problem with the notion of loving only one person is people often think that if they get in a fight with their partner that they aren't as compatible. But that's simply not the case. Relationships take work and often feature peaks and valleys that take some maneuvering. The use of meeting "the one" is used as a crutch or an out clause for those who aren't willing to guide themselves through the darkest times in a relationship.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that some qualities aren't unique by any stretch of the imagination. I'd almost want to go to the extent that the best way to describe your partner is to dictate the things they let you get away with.

·
Banned
13,015 Posts
Everytime you go out with someone, you think they are "the one". Only until you truly realize they are, u can't make an assumption

·
Banned
13,015 Posts
aamy said:
I don't think that's true. I've dated guys fully aware that I wanted nothing long term with them, but you get comfortable, there's certainly a sense of security with having someone to depend on.
really? Smh everytime i go out with a chick, I'm thinkig, damn we gon be like this forever, then 2 months(or whnever) later, we break up and i'm like what was I thinking

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
A lot of great advice in this thread!

I dont even know where to start.. Joe had a great point, you know its worth it when the reasons to be together outweigh the reasons to split up.

I think you will have your ups and downs in any relationship. The key is to always take them seriously, work on them, and always work to grow as a couple. Its easy to get in an argument and work on things for a while, but the key is to not get lazy and fall back into the same routines. Just because you find "the one" doesnt mean you will be able to skate through this relationship, each relationship has its problems.

Kay - I know what you mean man. I think I would consider myself a hopeless romantic (maybe). I always find reason why this person is "the one". I start to think of the future rather than the present, and I tend to overlook key things in the relationship like.. "Hey, I might not actually like this person" lol

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Matt79d said:
A lot of great advice in this thread!

I think you will have your ups and downs in any relationship. The key is to always take them seriously, work on them, and always work to grow as a couple. Its easy to get in an argument and work on things for a while, but the key is to not get lazy and fall back into the same routines. Just because you find "the one" doesnt mean you will be able to skate through this relationship, each relationship has its problems.
That's the funny thing, there is this implicit notion that once you find 'the one', things come easy. Nothing comes easy in a relationship.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
mmonty86 said:
That's the funny thing, there is this implicit notion that once you find 'the one', things come easy. Nothing comes easy in a relationship.
Hell no they dont.. I kinda learned this the hard way. Have you all seen "forgetting sarah marshall" remember where she tells him the she was taking care of him because he stopped taking care of himself? Well that was me, the guy wearing sweat pants all week..

Now I wasnt that bad, but I was just happy being who I was. Didnt care to better myself, I had a decent job making good money, I had friends and family around, id take 2-3 classes at community college, do HW last minute and pass with C's.. I just didnt put much effort in. When we had arguments or talks about problems, id work hard at fixing them for a few weeks, then slip back into old habits. After 6 years of dating, a year of living together, etc.. The one who I though was "the one" broke up with me and moved across the country to continue her education..

So dont take things for granted because you think someone is "the one"

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
there is no "one"

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
ktothe2 said:
there is no "one"
I think that is debatable.. I honestly dont think there is "the one" as in 1 perfect person for you.. Cause lets face it, there are millions of women out there. But I do feel like you can meet someone who feels perfect, who makes you feel complete, and someone who makes you want to loyal, someone who you feel is "the one"

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Matt79d said:
I think that is debatable.. I honestly dont think there is "the one" as in 1 perfect person for you.. Cause lets face it, there are millions of women out there. But I do feel like you can meet someone who feels perfect, who makes you feel complete, and someone who makes you want to loyal, someone who you feel is "the one"
maybe. i've never been in love with someone so i wouldn't know though i know true love exists cause I've read Romeo and Juliet

·
Banned
7,120 Posts
Matt79d said:
For me, I view "the one" as the girl who makes every other girl in the world obsolete. Whether there is a better match for you out there, someone you relate to more or whatever it may be. "The one" makes you not care about any of that ever again. That's about 1/4 of my take on "the one". :work:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts