Kanye to The banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vol 2. was a great mainstream rap album, infinitely better than WTT. Heard that shit like 6 months ago and i spazzed on my PC.




Shit didn't sell 5 million for nothing, it aint reasonable doubt or the Print, but he raps is on point its near classic jay. People automatically over looking it and saying WTT is better than hovs albums apart from the obvious 3 classics are delusional, or staning ye too hard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,251 Posts
Break through album for Jay-Z. Vol.1 was looked down on because of how commercial it was and RD flopped just like Illmatic did but wasnt deemed a classic @ 1st like Nas' album was. RD wasnt embraced as a classic til years later.

I copped this in 98 and it was one of the 1st albums I ever bought. Its a great mix of mainstream and "rap hood" music. There are a lot of classic Hov collab tracks on Vol.2

Better than WTT? Idk bout all that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SupaDupa said:
Break through album for Jay-Z. Vol.1 was looked down on because of how commercial it was and RD flopped just like Illmatic did but wasnt deemed a classic @ 1st like Nas' album was. RD wasnt embraced as a classic til years later.

I copped this in 98 and it was one of the 1st albums I ever bought. Its a great mix of mainstream and "rap hood" music. There are a lot of classic Hov collab tracks on Vol.2

Better than WTT? Idk bout all that
Its considerably better than WTT, everybody on they dick coz they ye and jay, tracks like ****** in paris, gotta have it, lift off, who gon stop are incredibly disappointing. Can't compare them to quintessential hov
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,251 Posts
Don Teezy said:
Its considerably better than WTT, everybody on they dick coz they ye and jay, tracks like ****** in paris, gotta have it, lift off, who gon stop are incredibly disappointing. Can't compare them to quintessential hov
The same could be said for Its Alright, Paper Chase, and It's Like That.

Most people rating it so high are just prisoners of the moment or just stans. WTT is a very good album tho imo, but not the classic some on KTT are labeling it. But I've seen some say this is just an average album, and I honestly dont know what the hell theyre talking about
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,178 Posts
vol 2 is good, for sure. that was one of the first albums i LOVED growing up. ***** what ***** who = FIRE.

but his most overlooked album is The Dynasty: Roc La Familia. I know that has a lot of verses from beanie and bleek, and they aren't as good of rappers as jay, but that album is so fuckin bangin and those guys actually hold their own well enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,178 Posts
SupaDupa said:
The same could be said for Its Alright, Paper Chase, and It's Like That.

Most people rating it so high are just prisoners of the moment or just stans. WTT is a very good album tho imo, but not the classic some on KTT are labeling it. But I've seen some say this is just an average album, and I honestly dont know what the hell theyre talking about
whoa now. "it's like that" is a classic bro, listen to that one again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SupaDupa said:
I've owned that album for 13 years. Just not feeling the track
I aint feeling "its like that" neither, but paper chase is dope, who really feeling gotta have it or ****** in paris, + WTT aint got no anthems neither lift off is the wackest crossover track in history
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top