Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days I've noticed that people would be criticized for listening to songs that came out a few months ago. I've noticed this with hip-hop music especially.

I'm just curious why in this day and age, a song that came out a year ago is considered "not cool" to listen to. It may be because radio plays out the songs or it may just be the over saturation of singles.

I personally like to find new music from the last couple of decades. I don't usually care when a song came out.

Saying a song is "old" really isn't fair when classics came out decades ago that people still enjoy.

What are your feelings on labeling a song old? At what point is a song considered "old" to you?

Just curious.  :dno:

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Benaa_ said:
Well for me, I play an album over and over and over again. Eventually, I get tired of it.
but you wouldnt consider it old? just played out? im tryna find put the time it takes for a sonf to be "old".

·
Registered
47,549 Posts
Radio overplay mainly. But then again, in regards to my post in the LITW thread, I still bump Sinatra, Al Green, Marvin Gaye etc. Shit from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

New shit is exciting tho :allears:

So we immediately hop on to the next one.

·
Banned
15,695 Posts
SpotLight said:
because radio plays out the songs or it may just be the over saturation of singles.
for me its this, but only for recent songs (say like the past 1-6 months) and then im fine with em again. :dno:

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Reindeer of the Roc said:
Radio overplay mainly. But then again, in regards to my post in the LITW thread, I still bump Sinatra, Al Green, Marvin Gaye etc. Shit from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

New shit is exciting tho :allears:

So we immediately hop on to the next one.
this.....I heard all of the lights on MBDTF and thought it was dope then the radio played that shit every 10 mins

1 - 20 of 35 Posts