Flow/riding the beat?
Lyrical verses?
Emotional lyrics?
Writing hooks?
Stage presence?
Crowd control?
Papi's image?

other things??

What you think is Drake's stronghold fam?

·
Registered
44,416 Posts
All of them
Certain songs he exercises one over the other though
5 am in toronto/4pm in calabasas he puts them all together tho
Jumpman is flow>lyrics which works perfectly for it
Dreams money can buy is lyrics>flow

·
Registered
961 Posts
During TC/NWTS era it was his ability to make a connection with the listener unlike any other rapper I've listened to. Since then it's his flows and delivery that sets him apart

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Finding new talent which bumps the artist and helps him stay relevant!

Shout out to:
The Weeknd
Migos
Makonnen
PND
Fetty
Ramy
ASAP Rocky
Skepy
WizKid
Lil Bibby
G Herbo
Popcaan
Tinashe
Jhene Aiko

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
thereal6ixgod said:
During TC/NWTS era it was his ability to make a connection with the listener unlike any other rapper I've listened to. Since then it's his flows and delivery that sets him apart
Agreed, it felt like he was speaking directly to you back then, although his flow/delivery was always there during TC/NWTS era and even before that, but it's definitely more evident now.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
CS era : lyrical skill
SFG era : flow, emotional lyrics
TML era: flow, hook writing starts improving
TC: pretty much everything except his image and delivery that has yet to peak
NWTS: delivering and flow reaching goat status. In my opinion he comes with some of his best bars to date in this era. Stage precense skyrockets from TC era to NWTS era
IYRTITL: Delivery and flow at an all time high. This is the era where if Drake hops on a beat it's probably not a good idea to go after him. He'll embarass you by how much better his verse is than yours. Will kill you by strictly flowing on beats. Doesn't even have to come with bars
WATTBA: very similar to IYRTITL era. Scholarships is him at his best, flow and delivery wise. No questions asked.
VIEWS: seems like he stagnated here when it came to new flows. With the exception of Still Here
Delivery is still impeccable. It's evident on U With Me. However th lyrics did downgrade from NWTS which is odd. Fire & Desire is one of his most well written songs to date.

His most valued ability is him being able to blend singing and rapping together to create entirely new flows that not a lot of people could mimic.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
A Mad Ass ***** said:
His delivery imo

He has a lot of corny lines but the way he delivers it makes it sound dope
This era he did have a lot of corny lines. I'm pretty sure NWTS era he came with flawless bars. At least that's what I think.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Pronunciation and emphasis of syllables

1 - 20 of 51 Posts