Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like this totally went over my head. When did the version with Alicia Keys come out?? Last time i heard LITW Alicia Keys was not in it, it was a solo feat with Bon Iver. I check this forum on a daily basis so i find it incredible that something like this just flew by my head.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PuZZ said:
it was on teh runaway film
Alicia Keys was in that one??? I watched that movie 3 times and never noticed her. This is quite the shock to me lol. Thanks for answering quick.

·
Registered
866 Posts
:dno: i never even heard about this... been out of the loop i guess.  and I even watched that POS Runaway movie on mtv that day. anyway, can we all agree that kanye got kinda trigger happy with the features?  I mean, AOTL is dope, but 11 different features?  really?  that's pretty neat, i guess?

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Thanks for wasting 10min of my life

I thought it leaked and I look for it on my ipod, listen to it all the way thru and go like HEY- :problem?:

·
Registered
866 Posts
by the way, why did Drake get some serious hate on the interweb for having so many collabs on his album, but kanye gets a pass?  even over at RRT and BX, too, so I know it's not a Kanye Stan thing.... I mean MBDTF doesn't have one track that's just Kanye on it, does it?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yahya said:
Thanks for wasting 10min of my life

I thought it leaked and I look for it on my ipod, listen to it all the way thru and go like HEY- :problem?:
I think its your own fault for wasting 10 min of your life and not mine. Sorry for not being able to accept the blame, i aint AKON.!

ngoogs said:
by the way, why did Drake get some serious hate on the interweb for having so many collabs on his album, but kanye gets a pass? even over at RRT and BX, too, so I know it's not a Kanye Stan thing.... I mean MBDTF doesn't have one track that's just Kanye on it, does it?
He is actually get alot of shit for his collabs. I made a thread about the old AOTL and the new AOTL(which i CLEVERly changed to AOTA for All Of The Artists) and most people on there said they prefer the older AOTL with less Collab, including me. Kanye IMO is best when its just Kanye, maybe add someone like Cudi on the hooks but other then that it should only be Kanye. Thats when he is the best and thats when i like him the best, i KNOW most will agree with me that Solo Kanye >>>>>>> Kanye (Feat: 15 levels below on the talent chart artist) <--- which is just about everyone IMO, except for Eminem and Cudi who are running very close behind ALSO IMO!!.

jimbean said:
On it

·
Registered
866 Posts
SideWays408 said:
I think its your own fault for wasting 10 min of your life and not mine. Sorry for not being able to accept the blame, i aint AKON.!

He is actually get alot of shit for his collabs. I made a thread about the old AOTL and the new AOTL(which i CLEVERly changed to AOTA for All Of The Artists) and most people on there said they prefer the older AOTL with less Collab, including me. Kanye IMO is best when its just Kanye, maybe add someone like Cudi on the hooks but other then that it should only be Kanye. Thats when he is the best and thats when i like him the best, i KNOW most will agree with me that Solo Kanye >>>>>>> Kanye  (Feat: 15 levels below on the talent chart artist) <--- which is just about everyone IMO, except for Eminem and Cudi who are running very close behind ALSO IMO!!.

On it
haha i thought that was clever myself when i read that thread last night!  I actually don't mind AOTA, as you put it, having so many features.  It's a dope concept kinda like an on-top-of-the-world, look-what-i-can-do moment. its the rest of the album that i take issue with.  I mean, Dark Fantasy is really the only song with just him on it. I don't mind features like KiD CuDi on Gorgeous, but was Raekwon really necessary? D'wele on Power I don't mind because he brings something to the song.  Monster really should have only been 'Ye and Hov.  I still have no idea why Rick Ross has like 5 bars on it, and Nicki had her best verse ever, but it was still trash and doesn't belong on a Ye album. So Appalled? We already have the huge collabo with AOTA, why do we need Swizz and CyHi Da Prince and Pusha T?  it should just be Ye and RZA and Hov on that song, imo.  Then you have devil in a new dress, which is dope, but the album version is going to have a Rick Ross feature?  I don't mind Ross but c'mon, he doesn't belong on a kanye album, either. I like Pusha-T's verse on Runaway, but it wasn't really necessary besides to get him name out there during the VMAs.... I would have much preferred another kanye verse.  I guess Hell of a Life and Lost In The World really don't have any features that take away from the song, and idk what the deal with Chain Heavy is.  adding Big Sean on See Me Now doesn't bother me too much, since it's a bonus track.  Bonus tracks are where you put your not-super-talented artists that are on your label.  All in all, I know I'm judging this album on the leaks and supposedly the full album sounds "completely different" (give me a break with that, though), but honestly in almost every song but All Of The Lights, there's at least one or two features that really take away from the song.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Too many artists is gonna sound a little to cluttered to me, not that I don't think this album is going to be ridiculous but I'm buying a KanYe West album, not Kanye West & Friends. Not a big deal though, album's gonna be dope.

·
Registered
931 Posts
ngoogs said:
by the way, why did Drake get some serious hate on the interweb for having so many collabs on his album, but kanye gets a pass?  even over at RRT and BX, too, so I know it's not a Kanye Stan thing.... I mean MBDTF doesn't have one track that's just Kanye on it, does it?
I mean, i think ye is getting a lot of flack, but even still, there is a big difference between having a ton of features on your fifth album and a SHIT TON of features on your first studio album... J. Cole has the right idea, you want to give people a chance to know what you are about and discover who you are as an artist, and then the feature songs can come on later projects.  You need to develop your on stuff.  Of course, Drake is an odd case cause he was so hyped and everyone knew him, but i think that it was a big mistake to not do a MORE solo album, cut the features down to like 3, i mean, drake is supposed to be such a multidimensional artist, he shouldnt need many features.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts