Kanye to The banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to head back to school in 2 days, and man.... Not looking forward to it AT ALL. I was ok with school as a child (when it was easy as hell), but now.... it takes a lot more work, which I personally dont like, (Along with the majority of the population on Earth.)

But so far, the only motivation I've had to work in school was the girls that I was/am friends with now. Dont get me wrong, I respect learning and shit, but seriously... sometimes I dont feel like fucking getting up in the morning, because of the sheer fact that I have to face a day of this shit.

I dont get horrible grades, but they arent what they used to be. (They used to be straight A's, and now they've fallen to straight B's)
I can do the work, and I plan on working harder, because honestly... If I work now, the rest of my life will be MUCH easier.

What do you do/say to yourself to keep yourself going everyday (IF you're still in school.) If you're done with college and shit, what did you say to yourself.

And one more thing... For all of you that have been there, done that (passed college)... do you all have any tips for me as I complete high school and move into college

·
Registered
256 Posts
Best advice I can give you is just "keep" on that grind. TBH College is wayyy easier then high school so your almost there. When your in college you have less of that typical routine and can pretty much do whatever you want and also for some odd reason I feel as if the work itself is not as demanding? This coming semester I am going to class two days of the week, so for the rest of the week I can get my work done and pretty much do whatever the hell I want.

Try to keep on that grind though and that "straight a or b" pace so you'll get your GPA in good position and can have your choice of colleges. I slacked in high school so I had to start off at a really bad community college(the good ones were far away) and it kind of sucked...even though I worked my way out of it after a year.

As for my motivation, I find if you do well in school...people are a lot more forgiving to you espicially parents, authroity figures etc. Before I recently turned 21 I could go out with my friends and just get wasted and shit nd I'd come home and because I did so well in school my parents didn't care. School has always kept me grounded, and helps me draw the line from the "good student" to the crazy party animal at night haha if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ToBrien1124 said:
Best advice I can give you is just "keep" on that grind. TBH College is wayyy easier then high school so your almost there. When your in college you have less of that typical routine and can pretty much do whatever you want and also for some odd reason I feel as if the work itself is not as demanding? This coming semester I am going to class two days of the week, so for the rest of the week I can get my work done and pretty much do whatever the hell I want.

Try to keep on that grind though and that "straight a or b" pace so you'll get your GPA in good position and can have your choice of colleges. I slacked in high school so I had to start off at a really bad community college(the good ones were far away) and it kind of sucked...even though I worked my way out of it after a year.

As for my motivation, I find if you do well in school...people are a lot more forgiving to you espicially parents, authroity figures etc. Before I recently turned 21 I could go out with my friends and just get wasted and shit nd I'd come home and because I did so well in school my parents didn't care. School has always kept me grounded, and helps me draw the line from the "good student" to the crazy party animal at night haha if that makes any sense.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts