Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
istillhaveitmyway said:
I'm trying to listen out to what's wrong, can someone point it out to me?
The whole album was mastered a little questionably in my opinion.  That's it's only weakness.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Frequencies of the sound are soooo amplified artificially that they sound bad.

·
Banned
2,696 Posts
the fuck is this shit, i still enjoyed the track at the end of the day, even with the mastering issues some people claim

·
Registered
71,327 Posts
Robot Boy said:
It sounds crackly on my ipod with studio headphones
I'VE THOUGHT THIS FOR YEARS, thought I had some shit quality version

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
istillhaveitmyway said:
how can you tell? What are you listening out for?
A perfect example is Nikki's voice at the beginning of Dark Fantasy.  Listen to it on the Runaway movie and then compare it with the actual album.  The quality just isn't as good.

The other thing (which is basically the industry norm these days) is that the levels are turned up way too high.  When you take an album made in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and input it into Pro Tools or a sound editing program, and compare it with an album made in present day, you will see that today, albums in general are mastered at a MUCH higher level, so much to the point where the sounds are clipped.  The whole philosophy behind it is the same as why are TV commercials are so much damn louder than the programs we watch on TV.  Higher volume = more people hear it/harder to ignore.  I personally hate this trend.  Older albums sound better.  There's a whole culture in the mixing/mastering world that has kind of evolved out of this trend.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
no chance said:
I'VE THOUGHT THIS FOR YEARS, thought I had some shit quality version
srsly I redownloaded a 320kbps version on the internet, and then I bought the album on itunes and it was still the same I was like :wom: :cryfam:

·
Registered
71,327 Posts
Robot Boy said:
srsly I redownloaded a 320kbps version on the internet, and then I bought the album on itunes and it was still the same I was like :wom: :cryfam:
Was about to do the same recently cos I noticed it with my new headphones, glad I didn't

·
Registered
71,327 Posts
Brobama said:
I honestly don't feel like its that bad :dno: I can't really hear the problems :dno:
sound's like your headphones are damaged and are crackling

·
Registered
71,327 Posts
Brobama said:
I've got perfectly fine headphones :dno: I just don't let little things intrude on my listening experience.
no i mean, that's what the mastering issue sounds like

It's not even a subtle one

1 - 20 of 71 Posts