Kanye to The banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between features and additional vocals. I mean why is Otis Redding credited as a featured artist when it's just a sample and Elly Jackson credited as additional vocalist when she sings the hook in That's My Bitch?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
ACooper said:
Between features and additional vocals. I mean why is Otis Redding credited as a featured artist when it's just a sample and Elly Jackson credited as additional vocalist when she sings the hook in That's My Bitch?
It's pure randomness tbh. Backing vocals that have no main role in a song are usually given the "additional vocals" treatment. Features are people who recorded their stuff for the tracks in question. Usually these people have important roles on the tracks. Otis has a Redding sample and he is in no way featured on the track. They can label it how they want, but it won't change a thing.

·
Registered
38,737 Posts
i really wanna see "(feat. Elly Jackson)" or "(feat. Kid CuDi)", or "(feat. Seal)"..

since MBDTF i think Kanye doesn't like featuring tag on his tracks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
imiweli said:
So Jay and Ye can say they did a song with Otis Redding
Of course no it's a shame he's credited. It's like I'm droppin a single with a Dr. Dre's voice loop sample... how can I say I have a feat with the good doctor smh ?

It's just for buzzin this shit... adv market

·
Registered
475 Posts
Martha Masters said:
i really wanna see "(feat. Elly Jackson)" or "(feat. Kid CuDi)", or "(feat. Seal)"..

since MBDTF i think Kanye doesn't like featuring tag on his tracks.
The fuck he does...damn near every song has a feature

·
Registered
38,737 Posts
SkinnyMotherFucker said:
The fuck he does...damn near every song has a feature
i didn't say featuring itself.
i mean those whole "(feat. )" thing.
unless it's not a verse from rapper, he doesn't put a tag often.
for example, POWER had Dwele's part, but he never listed him
and All Of The Lights...  i mean a lot of artists who sing back vocals are understandable,,, but where's Rihanna?
she deserved her name on that track title.
and Dark Fantasy, there were Teyana Taylor and Justin Vernon, but the track title never listed them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts