Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen Cubase, FL studio 9... cakewalk or something... when I purchase one i'd like it to be one of the better ones out.

any opinions or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
37,386 Posts
Yeah what's the best? FL Studios?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't pro tools really expensive though?

I'm looking for just software. Can't spend thousands hah...only a couple hundred. But I seen that some are like $199-$300 range.. thats what im looking for..

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
The Freshman said:
I thought Pro Tools was the standard for recording and all that.
Yes, really expensive but they just added a M-Audio version of it that you can probably get for around 500 with the M-Box to record.

·
Registered
516 Posts
J-YO 22 said:
Isn't pro tools really expensive though?

I'm looking for just software. Can't spend thousands hah...only a couple hundred. But I seen that some are like $199-$300 range.. thats what im looking for..
Go to the Avid store, some of the pro tools products are very expensive others not so much, just look around the store. Idk from what Ive heard pro tools is the industry standard, and if you can work pro tools you should be in good shape.

http://shop.avid.com/store/product.do?product=306942336365952

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thanks guys, I'm sorry if i'm sounding real dumb with this stuff.
I just wrote alot of songs over the last couple months.. didnt think much of it but some of my friends told me there not to bad and to make some beats to go with them...

I don't even know what the steps would be. I thought all I would have to do is buy a cd from one of those studio packages and then sing into my computer. sounds like theres several things I have to buy?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Shoooot I'm really not sure. I'm just starting to get into recording myself. Some programs are all in one. You can record, make beats, edit etc. Others are slightly more specific like the Avid Software but they also sell packages that have everything. If you are looking for something good and cheap Ive been seeing the Sony Recording software at lots of retail outlets and it's only around 90 bucks, plus it's Sony so it's not just some random brand. I have no clue if it is any good though.

B

·
0 Posts
Luque said:
I used Audacity ...
its an alright program for starting out its very simple and basic and easy to use. but if u wanna get serious ur eventually gunna want ProTools and Logic for mixing & mastering. Also for burning cds ur gunna want WaveBurner and i personally think Abelton is the best software for beatmaking but other will dissagree cuz alot of ppl use FL Studio, Logic, Reason, and even Garageband

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Fenix said:
its an alright program for starting out its very simple and basic and easy to use. but if u wanna get serious ur eventually gunna want ProTools and Logic for mixing & mastering. Also for burning cds ur gunna want WaveBurner and i personally think Abelton is the best software for beatmaking but other will dissagree cuz alot of ppl use FL Studio, Logic, Reason, and even Garageband
Yeah I was planning on moving up, Audacity was a temporary thing but I've never got around to getting the more professional programs. I might get working on getting them sometime this week ... thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Luque said:
Yeah I was planning on moving up, Audacity was a temporary thing but I've never got around to getting the more professional programs. I might get working on getting them sometime this week ... thanks.
np u on a mac?

B

·
0 Posts
Luque said:
nope, i'm not ... it sucks!
oh damn then ya Logic is out of the question for you but id still get protools (wich requires u to have an interface) and then get like a alright mic thats cheap i personally use (till i can afford a new one) an SM-57 cost bout 100 bucks and its a really great directional mic

1 - 20 of 41 Posts