Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give me a reason why they are sooooo popular or good, besides the fact that Kanye and Cudi wear em'.. :dno:
I've noticed that everyone talks about them alot here and back at kanyelive..
I know that they are made in Italy or something and that makes em more exclusive but I just want to know some more good reasons.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
they're reasonably priced for fairly good quality selvedge raw denim.. entry to mid level range denim ~$130-150 depending where u by

fades nicely with nice whiskering / honeycombing.

petit standards fit really well IMO.

have you tried a pair on?

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alexlude said:
they're reasonably priced for fairly good quality selvedge raw denim.. entry to mid level range denim ~$130-150 depending where u by

Never tried that type of jean. Could you possibly compare and/or contrast them with a pair of levi's .. :dno:

·
Banned
20,397 Posts
Gus said:
Never tried that type of jean. Could you possibly compare and/or contrast them with a pair of levi's .. :dno:
just google selvedge/raw denim. it's a much higher quality then levi's.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Alexlude said:

I don't know where you're getting your apc's from unless brick and mortars have sales but I've never seen a pair lower then 155 online. I know I read somewhere that apc doesn't want retailers to sell for less then what their price is on their site. Like I said I don't know if brick and mortars have different policies. 

·
Premium Member
3,135 Posts
i have 2 pairs of the raw denim jeans
so fresh looking and get so comfortable after a few wears
my favorite jeans

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kidknapp6 said:
I have a pair of APC New Standards, best fitting jeans i've ever owned
Damn I want some.. Well are the sizes the same as other type of jeans.. Like im 32 or 33 on Levi's maybe even 34 so should I buy that size in APC

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
ForTheNguyen said:
I don't know where you're getting your apc's from unless brick and mortars have sales but I've never seen a pair lower then 155 online. I know I read somewhere that apc doesn't want retailers to sell for less then what their price is on their site. Like I said I don't know if brick and mortars have different policies.
yeah some B&Ms that i know give some good discounts once in awhile

·
Registered
635 Posts
Gus said:
Damn I want some.. Well are the sizes the same as other type of jeans.. Like im 32 or 33 on Levi's maybe even 34 so should I buy that size in APC
No, you should be sizing 2-3 sizes for New Standards, 2 sizes for New Cures and Petit Standards. Go to a store and try them on because I'm possibly wrong. As you try them on, the top button should be hard as fuck to button. The reason behind this is because initially the jeans are standard sizing. But two-three weeks into wear, you're going to realize that the jeans stretch... A LOT!

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
manosith said:
No, you should be sizing 2-3 sizes for New Standards, 2 sizes for New Cures and Petit Standards. Go to a store and try them on because I'm possibly wrong. As you try them on, the top button should be hard as fuck to button. The reason behind this is because initially the jeans are standard sizing. But two-three weeks into wear, you're going to realize that the jeans stretch... A LOT!
Where did you buy them? Did you go to New York ?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
manosith said:
You're partially correct but that info can fuck up someones sizing on their apc's.

They ARE NOT standard sizing they are vanity meaning a size 31 measures to be a 33.  They do stretch a lot but that is not the only reason why people size down. People size down because of the vanity. How should you size for apc's? Measure your waist and go from there. Also what kind of fit do you want? A sized down pair of NS can look better then a pair of cures. It just depends.

·
Registered
635 Posts
ForTheNguyen said:
You're partially correct but that info can fuck up someones sizing on their apc's.

They ARE NOT standard sizing they are vanity meaning a size 31 measures to be a 33.  They do stretch a lot but that is not the only reason why people size down. People size down because of the vanity. How should you size for apc's? Measure your waist and go from there. Also what kind of fit do you want? A sized down pair of NS can look better then a pair of cures. It just depends.
For The Nguyen, you couldn't have said it better!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gus said:
Size down 2 because they stretch alot

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
they're prolly the best raw denim you can get for that price, and they're not even that good of raws. They're dope though. I got a pair.

·
Registered
483 Posts
im planning on getting a couple pairs but i went into the store on saturday and tried em on...theyre really long in the leg and ima have to get em taken up so, how does that affect the cut of the jean (they are really expensive here in oz and I dont wanna fuck em up). anyone know bout this??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts