Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last I heard Straight No Chaser was gonna drop in the US, even though most of us have it.  But what is he up to?  Why haven't we been hearing too much of him lately?  On tour?  In the studio?  Anyone know?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Anyone else really hate this new dubstep direction he is taking? Watch You Move got old fast, Love Never Dies is pretty forgettable and Angel Eyes is utter shit. Like that is one of the worst songs I have heard in awhile.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Dropout_Bear said:
Anyone else really hate this new dubstep direction he is taking? Watch You Move got old fast, Love Never Dies is pretty forgettable and Angel Eyes is utter shit. Like that is one of the worst songs I have heard in awhile.
what fo the album :)

P.S. Watch You Move - we havnt even heard cdq yet!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Dropout_Bear said:
Watch You Move is unfinished/unmastered

Love Never Dies isn't his song its CASPA's

Angel Eyes was recorded at his home and its no where near mixed/mastered/finished

·
Registered
363 Posts
I understand they're not finished or cdq yet, and that some aren't even his songs (didn't know that about Angel Eyes though, thank God he sounded so monotone on it), but I mean the overall sound and creative direction he is going. I just don't like it and wondered if anyone agreed. I LOVED Tale of Two Cities, and I really enjoyed Straight No Chaser. Although I still prefer his sound when it was Mr. Hudson and The Library, I thought Straight No Chaser overall was a good album with some really great tracks that grow on you. That said this new sound he is taking on just really doesn't sit well with me.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Dropout_Bear said:
I understand they're not finished or cdq yet, and that some aren't even his songs (didn't know that about Angel Eyes though, thank God he sounded so monotone on it), but I mean the overall sound and creative direction he is going. I just don't like it and wondered if anyone agreed. I LOVED Tale of Two Cities, and I really enjoyed Straight No Chaser. Although I still prefer his sound when it was Mr. Hudson and The Library, I thought Straight No Chaser overall was a good album with some really great tracks that grow on you. That said this new sound he is taking on just really doesn't sit well with me.
We can only speculate right now. Nothing is solid until we get the final product. I became a fan after A Tale of Two Cities so I'm sure he'll continue to make GOOD music

·
Banned
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dropout_Bear said:
I'm not a big dubstep fan AT ALL...

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Anybody want to take on a "Discography" thread for Mr Hudson? I would like to hear the stuff since Straight No Chaser.

I literally only listened to Straight No Chaser [album], and the features on 808s (plus Love Never Dies). Didn't really care for Love Never Dies, but I loved Straight No Chaser album. I consider myself a fan :dno:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Dropout_Bear said:
I LOVED Tale of Two Cities, and I really enjoyed Straight No Chaser. Although I still prefer his sound when it was Mr. Hudson and The Library
Agree with that, I guess we will just have to wait and see what he comes up with :dno:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts