Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know for me from the first time i heard it it was an instant classic. But in the eyes of critics i can see whats preventing people as labeling it as a classic:

1. Lift Off- theres pretty much no lyrical content here whatsoever. However the production and beyonce carries the song so its still a banger for me

2. ****** in Paris- this is my favorite track on the album gets me hype as shit, however there is no real lyrical content or meaning behind the song, this probably where most of the critics get their "self-loathing" label from.

3. HAM- another song that gets me hype but no real meaning behind it

Other than these three reasons i dont see why people hate on the album, all the tracks that seem to be holding the album back are hype tracks. Maybe it was intended to be that way.

anyways share your thoughts on why you believe the album isnt a classic

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
kanyebra said:
I know for me from the first time i heard it it was an instant classic. But in the eyes of critics i can see whats preventing people as labeling it as a classic:

1. Lift Off- theres pretty much no lyrical content here whatsoever. However the production and beyonce carries the song so its still a banger for me

2. ****** in Paris- this is my favorite track on the album gets me hype as shit, however there is no real lyrical content or meaning behind the song, this probably where most of the critics get their "self-loathing" label from.

3. HAM- another song that gets me hype but no real meaning behind it

Other than these three reasons i dont see why people hate on the album, all the tracks that seem to be holding the album back are hype tracks. Maybe it was intended to be that way.

anyways share your thoughts on why you believe the album isnt a classic
You cant count ham cause its a bonus

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YeezySmart said:
Welcome to the jungle
probably one of the best lyrical songs on the album

DonVito said:
made in america is the wackest Ye or Hov have been apart of
i disagree, but every classic album has songs a few dont like, personally i love it i think frank oceans vocals carried the track

artg said:
****** in Paris<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I still feel the rawness and street style hardcore rap makes this one of the best songs on the album

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
Lift Off sucks
Illest Motherfucker Alive should've been on the album, not a bonus
Made In America is kinda cheesy
And most importantly...there's no Aubrey Graham feature.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
yall no its there experimenting with the beats, there almost all overproduced. This album aint even close to classic status

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don Teezy said:
yall no its there experimenting with the beats, there almost all overproduced. This album aint even close to classic status
why tho because u think its overproduced? how so?
ppl said the same thing about MBDTF

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Made in America beat (too bad because the verses are nice)
Lift Off verses (too bad because the beat is nice)
Album lacks structure

That's about it :dno:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Trini_Bwoi said:
Made in America beat (too bad because the verses are nice)
Lift Off verses (too bad because the beat is nice)
Album lacks structure

That's about it :dno:
Blame mike dean for made in america its his beat :dno:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
kanyebra said:
why tho because u think its overproduced? how so?
ppl said the same thing about MBDTF
Its just like hov said, they utilised there talents to their limits to create this "masterpiece" but forgot to make it enjoyable, even on the 3rd iteration most of the beats felt impressive but socially underwhelming, ****** in paris, whose gona stop, why i love.

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
lack of focus
It feels like a mixtape. I feel there is no real lyrical focus and there isn't a production focus either. It reminds me of 4 by Beyonce in the sense that there are alot of different styles and influences.

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
But there are some bright spots....

The production in No Church in the Wild

The beauty of the breakdown in Lift Off

The swag in Otis

1 - 20 of 117 Posts