Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate when people bring up black on black crime when we are talking about police brutality. At the end of the day they are two different things dont try to justify police killing innocent people by bringing up crime in the black community . However some "anti black on black crime argument" people usually  trying to convince people that black men always get sentenced when they commit murders. I can confirm this is not true in all cases . They only get sentenced when they get caught. A lot of cases go unsolved bc ****** in the hood aint trying to "snitch". Still high murder rate in our community is not a reason for cops to shoot us and i totally disagree with people that believe "we should stop killing each other first" bullshit

Moral of the story: we need to stop this "no snitching" rule its really ruining our community

·
Banned
18,868 Posts
Honestly, the no snitching thing will take decades to erase from our community.

Just thinking about the origins of the black underworld in the hood, we probably learned everything we know from the mob, and their stance on snitching is that its forbidden. So with that mindset running the crime groups in our community and our music (Rap) pushing the no snitching thing even further, most of us are probably brainwashed for life.

For instance, I dont see anybody over 18 atm really just going for snitching, although there are a lot of ****** that definitely do snitch in the hood, but in most cases they arent trying to make the comminity better, just to help themselves.

I think ultimately to stop the no snitching thing, we need to make it easier for kids in the hood to do the right thing and harder for them to do the wrong thing

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
"no snitching" will always exist and it's not just in the black community we just the one's that actually have people that embrace that

·
Registered
24,872 Posts
It's obviously a massive problem, but incredibly disingenuous to use as a deflection anytime a black person is killed by the cops

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I wish that argument would die, because black on black violence has nothing to do with cops murdering black people.

·
Premium Member
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quidam said:
I wish that argument would die, because black on black violence has nothing to do with cops murdering black people.
yea thats not my point. I know police brutality and black on black crime are like apples and oranges.im not one of those thats using black on black crime to deflect from the police brutality situations. My point is that some people trying to make it seem like crime in the black community isnt a problem at all. I want people to acknowledge that it is a huge problem. I seen some people on instagram trying to downplay it and its not ok.

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
Ironically black on black crime is caused by the system via decades of gentrification, War on drugs, and racial profiling

·
Premium Member
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr. Yeezy said:
Ironically black on black crime is caused by the system via decades of gentrification, War on drugs, and racial profiling
right

How do we fix that tho. Thats the question

·
Banned
165,645 Posts
RubberBandMan said:
right

How do we fix that tho. Thats the question
invest into the urban youth via better schooling, resources, etc
Eliminate or limit welfare and housing. Make these people work instead of taking free shit

None of this is happening tho

·
Premium Member
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr. Yeezy said:
invest into the urban youth via better schooling, resources, etc
Eliminate or limit welfare and housing. Make these people work instead of taking free shit

None of this is happening tho
not anytime soon bro

·
Banned
36,999 Posts
No snitching rule in force for all nonviolent drug offenses. This system has a zero tolerance policy for black people. Only the community can provide 2nd chances. Only the community has a holistic view of who someone is and whether that person needs to go. They round up our people for crimes they don't bother chasing in wealthy and white neighborhoods. Period. Violent offenders absolutely need to go down. But, remember when teenagers would steal skittles and the police would have a word with the parents? Not freaking shoot a kid? Remember when alimony and child support was a family matter and didn't get a father killed?

Snitch culture exacerbated police brutality. Instead of solving things without the government we let the police make the last call. Look wherewhere we are now. smfh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts