Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you think if kanye started off right now as 808's as his 1st album (we never heard of Grad, LR, CD, etc)????

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Well, it wouldn't have been as accepted, because none of the Kanye faithful would have hopped on it so quickly, but it wouldn't have been too poorly received because 2003/4 was Pre-T-Pain time, autotube wasn't overused and played out. I'd assume he would gain a fanbase similar to what Cudi kind of has, except a little bit smaller in size, probably a decent career and longevity, but he would never gain the mainstream record sales of say 200,000 in a week guaranteed.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
normal, although it would not be recognized as a rapper, not give him many fans, 808 was an experimental album that paid off thank god ... but otherwise I do not think that is gone so far with this album without his name and famous

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Pinhead Larry said:
Well, it wouldn't have been as accepted, because none of the Kanye faithful would have hopped on it so quickly, but it wouldn't have been too poorly received because 2003/4 was Pre-T-Pain time, autotube wasn't overused and played out. I'd assume he would gain a fanbase similar to what Cudi kind of has, except a little bit smaller in size, probably a decent career and longevity, but he would never gain the mainstream record sales of say 200,000 in a week guaranteed.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Mmm although I credit Flashing Lights as the song that made me a fan of his as a rapper... Jesus Walks is one of the most important songs I ever heard and I'm not even Christian. I just couldn't get over how a well-crafted song about religion was getting plays on the radio.

Also, if 808s came out first I wouldn't have been able to relate to anything on that.

So in short, I highly doubt I'd be a Kanye fan.

·
Registered
682 Posts
808s was the shit, soooooo. . . id probly be mindfucked once i heard all his new shit an realized, this ***** can rap yo!!!!! :datass:

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I think the Kanye in a parallel universe who released 808s as his debut, is a better musician than the Kanye in our universe.
He'd probably be more inclined to experiment more, and maybe learn an instrument, and be less reliant on samples.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts