Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Although I'm usually the only one who writes long-winded diatribes on the website much to the chagrin of Big Life, I promise to keep it short and sweet rather than re-hash everything that every other blogger has said about the project. It's clear from listening to "Watch The Throne" that Jay-Z needs Kanye more than Kanye needs Jay-Z. Go back and re-read that. I realize I'm opening a can of worms here, but Kanye simply had more to offer on this project. Kanye clearly keeps Jay-Z young and inspired. Don't get me wrong, Jay-Z is miles beyond any rapper in terms of numbers, clout, and respect. I mean, While Jay-Z and Kayne watch the throne, Yo Gotti and Lil' Boosie are watching the futon. The competition isn't even fair. However, I think it's safe to say, with the release of "Watch The Throne", Kanye has officially surpassed Jay-Z artistically and creatively."

i completely agree with this opinion, but then again i think we already knew one day this wud come

http://freshnewtracks.com/

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
SW said:
lol i know, i've always new jay>ye tho, this album just showed some of the stans on here the truth
Hov is slowly losing mic presence tho. Ye had much more presence on the tracks where he actually had more than 8 bars

and if history tells us anything Hov's next effort won't touch this

·
Registered
11,329 Posts
Phucker said:
This doesn't mean anything. They are both artists just as much - just different. People need a better word to describe the difference in Ye's favor.
Ye makes his own beats, hooks, and album packaging. I'm sure the idea/concept for anything as grand as WTT and it's artistic direction (cover, music) was Ye being Ye.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.