Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a project for school, and I was wondering what type of music African-American's consider "theirs" now that white people have pretty much completely taken over and bought hip-hop?  What type of music truly captures the essence and voice of your culture now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,412 Posts
cac said:
I'm working on a project for school, and I was wondering what type of music African-American's consider "theirs" now that white people have pretty much completely taken over and bought hip-hop? What type of music truly captures the essence and voice of your culture now?
first page. my only comment is .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
cac said:
I'm working on a project for school, and I was wondering what type of music African-American's consider "theirs" now that white people have pretty much completely taken over and bought hip-hop?  What type of music truly captures the essence and voice of your culture now?
white people BUY the music, but we still make it, so it's OURS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IQ said:
white people BUY the music, but we still make it, so it's OURS
Ya, but white people run the labels and companies that put the music out, and because they're the ones buying it they control what is released and gains attention. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,712 Posts
cac said:
I'm working on a project for school, and I was wondering what type of music African-American's consider "theirs" now that white people have pretty much completely taken over and bought hip-hop?  What type of music truly captures the essence and voice of your culture now?
Ok, so Mr. Rogers is mah ***** so I won't rancell you as much as I'd like to, but REALLY?! White people have taken over rap!? There is not one really good white rapper out there even close to "taking over" rap. I mean what the fuck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bala555 said:
Ok, so Mr. Rogers is mah ***** so I won't rancell you as much as I'd like to, but REALLY?! White people have taken over rap!? There is not one really good white rapper out there even close to "taking over" rap. I mean what the fuck.
cac said:
Ya, but white people run the labels and companies that put the music out, and because they're the ones buying it they control what is released and gains attention. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bala555 said:
That's true, but regardless the talent itself is still black.
But because they don't necessarily have control over what gets released is the genre still black?
 
G

·
cac said:
Ya, but white people run the labels and companies that put the music out, and because they're the ones buying it they control what is released and gains attention. 
What succesful Hip Hop label do whites still own ..think about it the major companies are run by blacks . Whites  just run the distribution and publishing companies. They pretty much being hired by the artists :dno:
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top