Kanye to The banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
LamarDatArson said:
I've been using Adobe Audition. I recently decided to get serious with music (bought a new mic and an interface). I've been thinking about changing my recording DAW.

If you input a song onto audition and then export it (without any fx or ANYTHING) the exported file sounds different in comparison to the original. Compressed or something I cant put my finger on it. I dont know if I gotta play with the preferences to get them right or nah...

Any suggestions on a better Audio recording program?
I actually have a friend who uses Adobe Audition as his preference for recording. Yet, I could never get why lol. I prefer either Logic Pro or Pro Tools. Mainly Logic, because of it's intuitive approach. If I use Pro Tools, it's mainly to mix and/or master. While Logic I use mainly to produce and sketch recordings. It's really all about deciding which DAW is best for you, and mastering every aspect of it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
delanorpage said:
I actually have a friend who uses Adobe Audition as his preference for recording. Yet, I could never get why lol. I prefer either Logic Pro or Pro Tools. Mainly Logic, because of it's intuitive approach. If I use Pro Tools, it's mainly to mix and/or master. While Logic I use mainly to produce and sketch recordings. It's really all about deciding which DAW is best for you, and mastering every aspect of it.
Thanks. I work on a PC so Logic is off the table but, i'm with you i dont know why i invested so much time into audition now I have to relearn a new DAW T-T

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
orlandoakaorli said:
Cubase is probably the best daw out there.
Ive been hearing that Cubase is right behind Logic in quality I might check that out. Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Versetti said:
there's no best daw

it's all preference

with that said

most people use either FL or Ableton
I meant from a recording vocals and mixing standpoint. Funny thing is I ended up using Ableton and FL is where I do my production

1 - 19 of 19 Posts