Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
The-Dream's song-writing is much stronger. He is a well known song-writer. Weeknd's weakest point is probably his writing. Their vocal abilities are about the same, both have nice upper registers but poor lower ones. The-Dream does more contemporary R&B while Weeknd does more of an alternative R&B. The-Dream's subject matter is more diverse while Weeknd's is more than often dark & drug referencing. The Weeknd is influenced by Dream. All the vocal harmonies, It was more apparent in his songs as The Noise, especially Birthday Suit & Love Through Her. The Balloon Trilogy=The Love Trilogy. People always seem to overlook that similarity too.

·
Premium Member
102,791 Posts
unspokenbroken said:
The-Dream's song-writing is much stronger. He is a well known song-writer. Weeknd's weakest point is probably his writing. Their vocal abilities are about the same, both have nice upper registers but poor lower ones. The-Dream does more contemporary R&B while Weeknd does more of an alternative R&B. The-Dream's subject matter is more diverse while Weeknd's is more than often dark & drug referencing. The Weeknd is influenced by Dream. All the vocal harmonies, It was more apparent in his songs as The Noise, especially Birthday Suit & Love Through Her. The Balloon Trilogy=The Love Trilogy. People always seem to overlook that similarity too.
/thread

·
Registered
15,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
unspokenbroken said:
Agreed. I find The Weeknd more interesting because of his writing skills, some say his skills are off but really he writes like that on purpose - more artsy imo. I noticed the trilogy thing which is why i was confused as to why they had beef.

·
Registered
13,479 Posts
unspokenbroken said:
Prit e much.

·
Registered
15,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jackert28 said:
LOL, this.
The Dream never had as much success as far as releasing mixtapes .. he made albums hahaha

but but i must admit The Weeknd has more clout, because underground music taking over.

·
Registered
24,512 Posts
The Dream doesn't need to steal beats from producers, he makes his own :hah:

But for The Weeknd's vibe is darker and hazier if that makes sens. The Dream is more of a conventional RnB artist and you can hear his Prince and R Kelly influences pretty clearly. Both them aren't that incredible lyrically but Dream writes much catchier stuff

·
Banned
18,763 Posts
White Hippy said:
The Dream never had as much success as far as releasing mixtapes .. he made albums hahaha

but but i must admit The Weeknd has more clout, because underground music taking over.
Weeknd has a W.C. Jimmy co-sign, I don't think he's worried about underground music "taking over." :hah:

A

·
0 Posts
White Hippy said:
Agreed. I find The Weeknd more interesting because of his writing skills, some say his skills are off but really he writes like that on purpose - more artsy imo. I noticed the trilogy thing which is why i was confused as to why they had beef.
Most of his songs consist of him bellowing for a good portion but he makes it work. His music is all atmosphere

1 - 20 of 22 Posts