Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I somewhat understand the reason behind it, but I'm wondering if it's worth it?

I plan on finishing highschool this year, going to college, and becoming an intern for Sony, or UMG.

After that, what would be my options? I just don't want to waste my time.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cebreros2740 said:
yeah for experience, sometimes the company you intern for hires you if they like you
What would I do when I was down there? What would I live off of? I live in Canada right now.

·
Registered
54,436 Posts
Its a foot in the door. And shows other employers that not only do you know how the industry works but your also willing to struggle to get in.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You learn a lot as an intern, so it helps you understand how a business functions. I was an intern earlier this summer, and about half way through the internship they hired me and now I'm getting paid. Also networking is the key to success, so get to know as many people as you can!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Yeah internship are almost worth more than education, Experience > Education. But with that said its almost impossible to just walk in somewhere and get a internship without some kind of education for that field. BUT with that said I do know a friend that just randomly got a intern job at an insurance company that lead to a full time job, I think it was a family hook up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So Your getting a Internship with Sony and they arnt paying you?? I find that hard to believe... I have a Internship with Department of Housing and i make enough to pay for my car and my apartment.. Internships are thee shit!

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
Hell, if you're an intern for Sony (or any company), sneak around the building during your off time and get to know people (important people) and build relationships.

Just talk

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Work for free, doing something I love, and possibly getting a job after.

Or

Get a paid internship doing something that doesn't interest me?

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Just1n said:
Work for free, doing something I love, and possibly getting a job after.

Or

Get a paid internship doing something that doesn't interest me?
Both sound horrible to be honest unless your rich. I would rock with the 2nd one and the 1st one tbh. Double up on that shit. Why not do the free internship while working a part time job

·
Registered
15,808 Posts
Alternative way for getting a qualification + experience + getting paid at the same time.. If they dont higher you after the internship, other employers LOVE EXPERIENCE, sometimes experience is better than having a piece of paper saying you learnt form the books.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts