Kanye to The banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm 16 and thinking about making my own t shirt designs for my friends and I. Reason: Just tired of waiting on stuff I can't buy so i decided to make them myself #bootleg. From research it looks like the 3 best ways to print t shirts are: (i) Silk Screening (ii) Sublimation , and (iii) Iron on/ Heat Transfer.

Personally, I like the iron on method because it is the cheapest, easiest and least messy. Also, I can do it in home. If you're wondering, the type of design i want are more like multi-coloured images, not one colour text/graphics:
THIS

NOT THIS

Yeah, so i just want the best all-around method to print t shirts. Flexibility and Cost are the words here. Got to cut out the middle man. Most colour combinations on most fabrics at the lowest cost. Also do you have any tips so I don't mess up? What is the process like? Best or your favourite equipment? Can't really afford to blow all my shit and do it all over again.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I hate all the methods you mentioned. They seem cheap. I use DTG, the machines are like 25 thousand dollars but they're worth it. You can't feel the printing and there are no color restrictions.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Iron on's look cheap and are only good for something that's not very serious. My friend made jerseys with iron ons for a basketball league we played in last summer and that was cool but for something fashionable it looks cheap.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Get your design on a piece of paper, put it inside the shirt, hold the shirt up to the sun, trace your design. Remember to keep a steady hand, you dont want a messy design :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember ur talking to a broke sixteen year old. Are the transfers really that bad that its unusable? I'm just tryin to get started. The DTGs sound dope though.

Lol its like they make the start up costs expensive on purpose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts