Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
20,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hipster
Back in the late 2000's and 2010 people started talking more about Hipsters and hipster culture in America. In the 2010's hipster culture has become mainstream and now it is basically passe. I do not even know how to classify what an actual Hipster is in 2015. I guess the first thing is if you call yourself a Hipster you are not a Hipster. It seems like with the rise of internet/social media/etc. it has become much easier to find out about new music and other forms of media that it feels like alot of things that would have been classified as "Hipster" enjoyed forms of media are actually pretty popular online and are almost mainstream atleast with an internet audience. Clothing stores like H&M and Urban Outfitters are every where now so you can basically mimic that style even if you live in some random suburb far away from where hipsters originated in major urban areas. So KTT, what is your definition of a hipster in 2015?

·
Premium Member
65,308 Posts
malik 2k3 plus said:
people who love japanese culture, high fashion, music like sadboys/goth money/vaporwave/death grips/etc, anime, nintendo,
Yup

Though Death Grips are GOAT :sarc2:

·
Registered
20,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
abelye said:
that song belongs in the cringe thread.
It is a cringe classic.  Should have posted it there.
malik 2k3 plus said:
people who love japanese culture, high fashion, music like sadboys/goth money/vaporwave/death grips/etc, anime, nintendo,
I like most of those things.  I hope people do not think I am a hipster at my college.

·
Banned
21,073 Posts
Hipster used to relate to white men who were emerged in black culture like jazz ect. Originally called "white ******". Nowawaday the word has no meaning, you'll always someone else's hipster, so it's just stupid.

·
Banned
30,644 Posts
50fridge said:
It is a cringe classic.  Should have posted it there.I like most of those things.  I hope people do not think I am a hipster at my college.
i do too
i could give af if ppl think im a hipster tho lmao
rather be a hipster than a pleb lmfao

·
Registered
46,317 Posts
malik 2k3 plus said:
Leave my ***** yung lean out of this :fly:

But otherwise I agree

·
Registered
20,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
malik 2k3 plus said:
i do too
i could give af if ppl think im a hipster tho lmao
rather be a hipster than a pleb lmfao
True.  So many people have pleb taste at my college it is very sad.  Too many prep frat guys and air head girls or creepy nerd girls.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts