·
Banned
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

so i guess this is his big first single as a member of asap? :binowhat:

i love the new wave of sosa clones as much as the next guy but :what:

what am i missing here?  :yewhat:

this sounds like a throwaway sosa track but watered down :drakewhat:

not trying 2 hate but what does asap and ian and everyone else see in dude seems like his whole career is built on co signs i know hes doing the whole mysterious thing with his music which is nice but whenever he gives us something its boring and generic as hell

what do you think :drakewhat: :yewhat: :what: :binowhat:

·
Premium Member
45,036 Posts
nothing except for a tumblr rapists hype.

·
Banned
35,051 Posts
what you are missing is that his music comes with a vibe, he carries an aura with his sound per-say. Its hard to grasp at first, but after blasting his music in your car very loudly and looking at all the blank stares you get around you in traffic its hilarious. His music is so gritty and raw, he's basically chief keef, except with a better sense of timing when he flows, and every song he goes on he fits the vibe of the production perfectly. This song for example, who would ever think of that flow? who else could use the same word so many times in a song and make it work? it's hard, but that's his style and he does it better than anyone else. Alot of ****** copy him... and they don't do it the way he does, he does it effortlessly.

·
Registered
17,150 Posts
It's his aesthetic honestly. His hair is cool, he wears dope outfits. He raps over dope beats. I like it lol

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
say wallahi said:
what you are missing is that his music comes with a vibe, he carries an aura with his sound per-say. Its hard to grasp at first, but after blasting his music in your car very loudly and looking at all the blank stares you get around you in traffic its hilarious. His music is so gritty and raw, he's basically chief keef, except with a better sense of timing when he flows, and every song he goes on he fits the vibe of the production perfectly. This song for example, who would ever think of that flow? who else could use the same word so many times in a song and make it work? it's hard, but that's his style and he does it better than anyone else. Alot of ****** copy him... and they don't do it the way he does, he does it effortlessly.
:foh:

·
Registered
35,079 Posts
say wallahi said:
:parrot: damn

·
Banned
2,645 Posts
it's a hype track, that's really all. it's cool. it's okay. is it mindblowing? no. is it faneto? no. is it panda? no. but it does its thing... chicken nuggets from mcds

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
say wallahi said:
i mean chief keef isn't perfect either.. he is heavily influenced by him im not going to deny that
I'm just saying, Carti is Keef minus the creativity, charisma and interesting life story.

·
Registered
31,071 Posts
hes got the 2013-14 sosa style but with the 2012 drive he had
except he'll never make a Citgo or BFTD2 or anything experimental
thats it basically

·
Banned
35,051 Posts
Prettyboi said:
I'm just saying, Carti is Keef minus the creativity, charisma and interesting life story.
idk what your definition of creativity is, but they have separate audiences. Cheif keef is his own artist, i don't see how you can really compare him to anyone. Like you can't compare soulja boy to anyone or lil b, he already has that dynamic atmosphere as an artist. And the correlation between the 3 is that alot of new ****** bite off there style cause its the easiest to bite, but they obviously don't do it justice, or put there own spin on it. Carti falls under that box, but he has some potential just because of the production and how he fits with it, that's pretty much it...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts