Kanye to The banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was growing up, prime Vince Carter, vs, Ai, vs kobe, vs tmac, I could go on with guys like Mike Finley, Ray Allen etc that was it for the shooting guard position. Hell even J Stackhouse was an elite two in 01 he averaged 28 a game. Now, outside of harden the two guard position is washed. I mean, are Demar Derozan, Klay Thompson, Monte Ellis, & Bradley Beal are these guys the class of the position ? Really ? Crazy. Used to be a stacked position.

·
Registered
80,608 Posts
Kobe set the bar too high

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KyrieSwerving said:
Guys like Westbrook, Curry, Exum, etc. that would have been labeled shooting guards in the past are now playing point guard
Tbh nah. Westbrook and Curry would be 1's in any era. They're both 6'3. There was a time where the swingman in the league was 6'6, 6'7 types with the exception of Ai. But in terms of their games yeah they both have some two guard in them.

·
Registered
30,478 Posts
UCM92 said:
Tbh nah. Westbrook and Curry would be 1's in any era. They're both 6'3. There was a time where the swingman in the league was 6'6, 6'7 types with the exception of Ai. But in terms of their games yeah they both have some two guard in them.
naw idk about this

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lord Zephyr said:
naw idk about this
Early to mid 2000's ? Name some Undersized two's in the league that were putting it down other than ai ??

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lord Zephyr said:
naw idk about this
Guys like Tmac, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Sprewell, Stackhouse, Allan Houston, MJ's last two years, Kobe, Grant Hill, Peja, Paul Pierce, etc they all ran the position and all had size. But I was more so speaking in terms of production. Now a days two guards can't even get to 20 a game and when they do they chuck their way to it.

·
Premium Member
45,219 Posts
basketball aint about that shooting jumpers life no more

they fucking wanna dunk all the time

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gangstalicious said:
This.
They all became combo guards like AI was. Even harden could play the point if they need him too.
This is true. It's just crazy to see that the best two guards in the nba can't get 20 a night anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts