Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are someone that puts weight in a critics opinion, why? Do they get a degree in that shit? Or are they just people with opinions with writing degrees? Srs question btw

·
Registered
27,179 Posts
I imagine them being like how my professor was in Music Appreciation where they know the history of the different genres and can see the influences in different artists and that's what makes some credible. But it's mainly just that I like to see someone else's opinion on something. I like to ask my friends how a movie was before I watch it if I know they've seen it, but it doesn't alter my decision on the movie unless they bash it and have good reason to

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Using big words like sophomoric, pedestrian, unapologetic, hubris, buoyant, etc... That way the average reader will think that anything you say has to be true, even if you have no idea what you're talking about.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
What separates critics is the fact that this is their occupation. By spending 40+ hours every week consuming tons of music and constantly formulating their opinions, they become as "credible" as you can be on such a subjective topic, by being exposed to a broader scope and learning how to best convey their thoughts.

·
Registered
27,179 Posts
also by how much they like D'Angelos albums

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
Tin Tan said:
Using big words like sophomoric, pedestrian, unapologetic, hubris, buoyant, etc... That way the average reader will think that anything you say has to be true, even if you have no idea what you're talking about.
Yoo this deadass made me laugh son

1 - 20 of 43 Posts