Kanye to The banner

What do want/expect from your favorite artist(s) next project?

394 views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  bcolvert4 
#1 ·

I was surprised when Kendrick went from GKMC to TPAB tbh. I though he had made compromises on good kid maad city (from song placement to production) but he still managed to get out his story. So I though this was how his follow up would be. Some radio friendly tracks that ultimately fit into the story he was telling on the album. But TPAB was an uncompromising album that for the most part shunned mainstream radio. Aside from Alright, there weren't too many songs on this project that could have made a dent on the charts. Without a doubt my favorite project by him so far. He had some things he wanted to share (thoughts on depression, greed, loyalty, the industry, etc.) and he executed it flawlessly.

However, I'd be surprised if his follow up to TPAB is as anti-mainstream. He's a big enough artist to do it and still go plat but I don't think he needs to. I see him having a few radio friendly songs on this album. I know he'll make it fit the concept of the album; the same way he did with swimming pools (a sort of psa against drinking masquarading as a drinking song) and backseat freestyle (a don't give af rap with no real meaning but within the album it's him and the homies doing just that). I do except brass instrumentation but I also expect him to work with modern sonics as well. A blend that'll be easier to digest for the average rap fan. As far as what he might talk about; I expect some political songs, some uplifting songs, some dropping wisdom based off experience songs, idk. I do expect it to be another classic CD.

Huge Ye fan but I was disappointed by a project of his for the 1st time. As a Kanye fan I expect certain things from one of his albums; great production, innovation, whitty lyrics, great features, some conscious tracks, great rap performance (he's not technically as great as Em or Nas but his flows are usually on point, he can hold a story, he has diverse content, and he can at times show off technically as a rapper).

TLOP was 0/6. The features, outside of Chance, Frank, & Kendrick, were just ok. He had some great artist one here but he didn't utilize them to their fullest potential. The lyrics were trash on most songs. Some of the lines he spat were shockingly bad. The production was bland; worst of any Kanye album. And finally, the album seemed uninspired creatively. Just a very bland album, a bowl of oatmeal.

For TG16, I hope Ye gets back to his roots (
aka get those writers on the phone jk
). Not so much as make another college dropout but trying to make something that sounds new and refreshing. I didn't really like Yeezus as first but I've come to appreciate it more and more over the years. That's all I want, something that sounds innovative and new.

Channel Orange is without a doubt my favorite project of the decade and possible the 21st century. Absolutely nothing to dislike about this album. The songwriting is phenomenal; he touches on things like love from so many different angles. The production perfectly matches the album. The features, although not that many, are amazing.

What I expect from the album is more of the same. Great songwriting, great vocal performance, great production, etc. What I want is for it to drop this month. That's it.

Probably my favorite female artist out right now; Sail out EP and Souled out are project I still enjoy to this day. Didn't really care for that duo project because I don't care for Big sean. As an artist she's just very relaxing. She makes music you can just sit back and vibe to.

What I want for her next projects is:

1. More No I.D. x Jhene. Classic material happens.
2. No Big Sean.
3. Weeknd, PND, or Drake feat.
4. More of the same vocally, content wise, and production.

See less See more
#3 ·
damn OP put in work and made a solid thread but nobody responding :feels:

but anyway, I hope Travis' next album continues the consistent improvements he's made on every project so far. I hope he makes more dark and sinister sounding tracks like Maria I'm Drunk and Impossible. also less biting. he doesn't bite as much now as he used to but he still does it occasionally and it's really blatant.

and I hope Thug will actually take the time to put together a solid cohesive album instead of randomly throwing some tracks together and dropping a new project every few months. not like I want him to become a conscious rapper or anything but albums like Rodeo and DS2 are good examples of well made albums using that trap sound. it doesn't have to be limited to random unconnected bangers

#4 ·
MIC Que said:

but anyway, I hope Travis' next album continues the consistent improvements he's made on every project so far. I hope he makes more dark and sinister sounding tracks like Maria I'm Drunk and Impossible. also less biting. he doesn't bite as much now as he used to but he still does it occasionally and it's really blatant.

and I hope Thug will actually take the time to put together a solid cohesive album instead of randomly throwing some tracks together and dropping a new project every few months
Based off the name alone I'm anticipating Travis new album.

#11 ·
postivedrizzy said:
Hoping for more HOB style production/sonics on Weeknds next album
he working with Doc Mckinney again :rejoice:
its undeniable they're going back to the roots ...maybe not IDENTICAL to HOB but still gonna be great

#15 ·
MIC Que said:

and I hope Thug will actually take the time to put together a solid cohesive album instead of randomly throwing some tracks together and dropping a new project every few months. not like I want him to become a conscious rapper or anything but albums like Rodeo and DS2 are good examples of well made albums using that trap sound. it doesn't have to be limited to random unconnected bangers
Can't wait for that new Travis project :whew:

#22 ·
t.i. - the dime trap: I expect a trap opus. some balling shit talking braggadocious tip, some introspective tip, and of course some intellectually ignorant tip over some epic production.

jayo felony - james savage: some blue rag gangsta shit with funky hard west coast production.

the roots - tba: something in the vein of undun musically and lyrically. some forward thinking shit that's ahead of it's time.

fashawn - manna: another classic that exceeds the ecology. more dope beats and rhymes.

G
#25 ·
Kanye
Want another classic. Expect another classic
Kendrick
Expect something aggressive and more gangsta rap than his previous albums. Want something more GKMC than TPAB not in terms of message but in terms of slightly less jazz and more that GKMC sound

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.