Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of buying my 1st car and I was wondering what car should I get.. I want something that is fun to drive as I mostly end up driving during the weekends (sometimes to work-I live about 3 miles from my office)

NOTE: I'm a 24 year old college grad, single, and make pretty decent money as a financial analyst (to give you a sense of where I'm coming from) I currently drive a 2001 Toyota Corolla (LOL)

I was leaning towards a 2012 Volvo S40.. thoughts?

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
My advise would be don't do it. I'm guess your 01 is already paid off and no month payments. I say just keep saving up and buy a 2005-2007 with cash when the time comes. Its hard times out there for some people you could get an amazing deal if you search long enough.

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
Volvo's are solid, reliable cars... not the most fun, but I haven't really looked into their sportier models. best bet would be to test drive it and see if you like the feel of it.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
cisco189 said:
just make sure you do your research before you buy a car. maybe get a mechanics opinion?
That shit doesn't matter now a days, If you get a brand new car that shit will last a while. Just make sure you do your oil changes and tune ups regularly

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
pretty sure that volvo is around $30k. if i were you, i'd go with a bmw 128 instead, because i personally don't like the looks of volvo's at all. the bmw is around the same price and is a lot nicer. only thing that volvo has on it is better gas mileage.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
PradaG said:
That is a sick whip, and I think you have to have over a 700 credit rating to buy/lease a beamer. That may be kinda rough for a 24 year that just finished school

I say just don't get involved in a large comment so early into your career

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Keep rocking the Corolla as your daily as it will live forever and get good gas mileage, then pick up a nice bike (GSXR, CBR, etc.) for the fun drives/women.

I can guarantee a $5k bike will pull more women, be more fun, and get better gas mileage then a $15k car :)

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PradaG said:
pretty sure that volvo is around $30k. if i were you, i'd go with a bmw 128 instead, because i personally don't like the looks of volvo's at all. the bmw is around the same price and is a lot nicer. only thing that volvo has on it is better gas mileage.

Maintenance though and the Volvo is actually $26k...

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Also tbh I think that Volvo looks like an old people car.  An Sti or Audi in my opinion would be better choices as well as a little cheaper.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts