Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of Alton Sterlin and many more injustices recently. I have been listening to Always shines, Freedom aint Free and Im beamin' .

I have been thinking back to Lupe's Laser's manifesto. And what it's aim was.

Also listening to Strange Frutition after hearing some angry white female's view on Jesse William's speach at BET Awards.

Ive even seen on here blacks, white, Indians, Arabs, Mexicans and Asians not see eye to eye in regards to race relations and justice.

But what can we do to make this better?

Ive often heard Lu say he has given up on black people (i was listening to Lost Generation with Big Krit). People get on Lupe's back for this almost like he is a sell out. But he says he cares bout the human race more. I agree with this.

I think a great solution to this would be: not just to have blacks fighting for blacks. Or anyother race just for their race. But a joint understanding and respect for eachother (probably will never happen on a whole). But no matter how much Black people will be respectful and try change things with white people. If white people dont try or resond positivly too, wanting all races to be equal, it wont change much at all.

Some white people seem to genuinly not see white privilage. Where as other's have said "a white male in American should never complain".

But some white people (and other races) say black people complain too much. Act negatively and put themself down like with BBT and focusing on dancing, sports and music. Not more leadership roles and academic fulfillments and set up businesses to support thier community.. They may haveva point to a degree. But then many blacks do but find a glass ceiling. Seemily needing to work in a white man's system, after years of cataching up coz they were told it was illegal to educate blacks at one point.

And that we say we want right but that are already free, slaves no more or Jim crow. (Really?) We kinda are but not fully.But they (whites) seem not to comprehend the struggle and preducices put on you for being black. Trump has shown how racist America still is. And they cant even see their racism. Even on here a white dude (naïevly) said if black people didnt do crime, sell drugs and stuff they would not go prison or get shot by police. How ignorant. We are not overlooking crime some black people do in deep poverty, some white people never understand. But the crime of killing innocent blacks and getting off or harsher sentences for same crimes vs whites. It's terrible.

Now i dont want to rant any more. But i want all races to understand eachother more and work together in the world as equals. We need leaders and examples of this in all races. Let this be us first.

God bles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
and to solve the race problem we should all go back to our root. live in colonies of less than 80 people like apes do. and we should also stop taking our feelings seriously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KickPush said:
and to solve the race problem we should all go back to our root. live in colonies of less than 80 people like apes do. and we should also stop taking our feelings seriously.
Oh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,113 Posts
as lupe would say: start taking action locally. there is nothing any of us (in lsxn) can do about humanity at large or even all of the people in our respective countries or about alton sterling. none of us are in position currently to do any of that. the only places you can have direct influence & change are within your friend circle and within your communities.

in addition to taking action, i would say get addicted to learning. for example, the knowledge that what happened to alton sterling is wrong  -is effectively unusable. the knowledge that we need to work together is the first step many never get past. because while at first glance it is an answer & a solution, it lacks the nuance and depth to be effectively applied to many situations, usually the situations that matter the most. working together is great, but understanding & being educated about what you're working towards, against, for, and why/how/when/where and how to deal with what you're trying to change is required.    (" gotta be educated when going against the grain"). You have to actively think & explore feasible solutions or steps toward fixing the problem, and you have to be able to see yourself making the change & taking the steps, and then you have to go do it. asking "what can i do" is a good start, but it needs to be a continuous thought in your head every single day that you think about & get answers to. not something that pops up every crisis, it has to change who you are and what you do.


tl;dr do actions locally & within friend circle and read a lot of (relevant) books and if you really want to help and change the world, it will probably mean changing who you are from the inside out & suffering more than you are now

ps learning how to reliably & effectively deal with the side you deem the "opposition" is one of the most important things you can learn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CT said:
as lupe would say: start taking action locally. there is nothing any of us (in lsxn) can do about humanity at large or even all of the people in our respective countries or about alton sterling. none of us are in position currently to do any of that. the only places you can have direct influence & change are within your friend circle and within your communities.

in addition to taking action, i would say get addicted to learning. for example, the knowledge that what happened to alton sterling is wrong  -is effectively unusable. the knowledge that we need to work together is the first step many never get past. because while at first glance it is an answer & a solution, it lacks the nuance and depth to be effectively applied to many situations, usually the situations that matter the most. working together is great, but understanding & being educated about what you're working towards, against, for, and why/how/when/where and how to deal with what you're trying to change is required.    (" gotta be educated when going against the grain"). You have to actively think & explore feasible solutions or steps toward fixing the problem, and you have to be able to see yourself making the change & taking the steps, and then you have to go do it. asking "what can i do" is a good start, but it needs to be a continuous thought in your head every single day that you think about & get answers to. not something that pops up every crisis, it has to change who you are and what you do.


tl;dr do actions locally & within friend circle and read a lot of (relevant) books and if you really want to help and change the world, it will probably mean changing who you are from the inside out & suffering more than you are now

ps learning how to reliably & effectively deal with the side you deem the "opposition" is one of the most important things you can learn
Powerful. Fully agree bro.

That last sentence: gold.

But yeah i dont want to be reactionary and just talk a lot of good.

But be practicle in my circle. I believe im already trying. What you just said encourages me and helps me not believe my own hype coz im too untrue. Until i see change happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,068 Posts
CT said:
ps learning how to reliably & effectively deal with the side you deem the "opposition" is one of the most important things you can learn
agreed

also, just asking "what can we do?" in a public forum is a good first step too. too much indifference to tragedies like these is a tragedy in itself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,559 Posts
There really isn't anything we can do tbh.
Unfortunately a job as powerful being a cop tends to attract a lot of violent/racist/sexist sociopaths. Couple that with the fact that many of them are coming right from the military, and you've got a quite a number of trigger-happy lunatics "patrolling" the streets like it's a war zone. Obviously there's a lot of good cops out there, but the bad ones always make the most noise (as with all groups). But even then, the police unions are so tight that most of the time they'll do anything to protect their own no matter what.

Other than maybe doing deeper background checks, there isn't really much you can do to filter-out the bad cops before it's too late. It's sad, but continuing to record issues like this is probably the best thing we can do (they may not be punished, but at least it exposes them to the world). That or maybe finding a way to dismantle the tight-knit police unions, but good luck with that.

But anyways, RIP Alton Sterlin & Philando Castile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan1192 said:
There really isn't anything we can do tbh.
Unfortunately a job as powerful being a cop tends to attract a lot of violent/racist/sexist sociopaths. Couple that with the fact that many of them are coming right from the military, and you've got a quite a number of trigger-happy lunatics "patrolling" the streets like it's a war zone. Obviously there's a lot of good cops out there, but the bad ones always make the most noise (as with all groups). But even then, the police unions are so tight that most of the time they'll do anything to protect their own no matter what.

Other than maybe doing deeper background checks, there isn't really much you can do to filter-out the bad cops before it's too late. It's sad, but continuing to record issues like this is probably the best thing we can do (they may not be punished, but at least it exposes them to the world). That or maybe finding a way to dismantle the tight-knit police unions, but good luck with that.

But anyways, RIP Alton Sterlin & Philando Castile.
Okay i hear what you are saying. It is a bigger isdue than we have grasp or power to deal with.

But my issue is why? Why would they do this?

I believe in educating the world with good thoughts. But in order to educate effectively we must know what mindset we are dealing with and their motives, cause and aspirations.

To me it looks like senseless killings. But does it to them?

If this mentality at the roots is sorted out or addressed it could work more for unity? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I send my love to familes involved in these killings and losts.
Also shout out to the good cops/police doing a good job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,068 Posts
Dan1192 said:
There really isn't anything we can do tbh.
Unfortunately a job as powerful being a cop tends to attract a lot of violent/racist/sexist sociopaths. Couple that with the fact that many of them are coming right from the military, and you've got a quite a number of trigger-happy lunatics "patrolling" the streets like it's a war zone. Obviously there's a lot of good cops out there, but the bad ones always make the most noise (as with all groups). But even then, the police unions are so tight that most of the time they'll do anything to protect their own no matter what.

Other than maybe doing deeper background checks, there isn't really much you can do to filter-out the bad cops before it's too late. It's sad, but continuing to record issues like this is probably the best thing we can do (they may not be punished, but at least it exposes them to the world). That or maybe finding a way to dismantle the tight-knit police unions, but good luck with that.

But anyways, RIP Alton Sterlin & Philando Castile.
this too. i think you touching on the police unions, and the tight "brotherhood" between them that allows for no consequences. It was the same with the military. if someone got raped, their superior was the one who decides if someone should get reprimanded. however, a lot of times its the superior who committed the rape. so the person who got raped was filing a complaint with the same person who committed the action. so fucked up. i think a big step would be to follow in the military's recent footsteps and take away these internal tribunals where their own departments are deciding judgment
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,006 Posts
Dan1192 said:
There really isn't anything we can do tbh.

But anyways, RIP Alton Sterlin & Philando Castile
This

We've been singing and holding hands for years already, this shit is not about to change.

And this is coming from someone who only a few months ago was detained at gun point for mistaken identity in my own fucking city. I'm blessed to be here but none of us are still safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,394 Posts
We can do little... Just like MLK, those with more power (e.g Celebs) can be catalysts to the movement. Speak up and not be scared for the potential tarnishing of their name!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,814 Posts
LaserLee said:
Powerful. Fully agree bro.

That last sentence: gold.

But yeah i dont want to be reactionary and just talk a lot of good.

But be practicle in my circle. I believe im already trying. What you just said encourages me and helps me not believe my own hype coz im too untrue. Until i see change happen.
don't be deterred if you think your change is too small. we're all atoms in this universe, be sure to be there to add up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,814 Posts
CT said:
as lupe would say: start taking action locally. there is nothing any of us (in lsxn) can do about humanity at large or even all of the people in our respective countries or about alton sterling. none of us are in position currently to do any of that. the only places you can have direct influence & change are within your friend circle and within your communities.

in addition to taking action, i would say get addicted to learning. for example, the knowledge that what happened to alton sterling is wrong  -is effectively unusable. the knowledge that we need to work together is the first step many never get past. because while at first glance it is an answer & a solution, it lacks the nuance and depth to be effectively applied to many situations, usually the situations that matter the most. working together is great, but understanding & being educated about what you're working towards, against, for, and why/how/when/where and how to deal with what you're trying to change is required.    (" gotta be educated when going against the grain"). You have to actively think & explore feasible solutions or steps toward fixing the problem, and you have to be able to see yourself making the change & taking the steps, and then you have to go do it. asking "what can i do" is a good start, but it needs to be a continuous thought in your head every single day that you think about & get answers to. not something that pops up every crisis, it has to change who you are and what you do.


tl;dr do actions locally & within friend circle and read a lot of (relevant) books and if you really want to help and change the world, it will probably mean changing who you are from the inside out & suffering more than you are now

ps learning how to reliably & effectively deal with the side you deem the "opposition" is one of the most important things you can learn
CT confirmed not a fuckboy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
motjustine said:
don't be deterred if you think your change is too small. we're all atoms in this universe, be sure to be there to add up
No not at all bro/sis just keeping perspective.

It's a big thing. Im.a small.guy. but i try. And hope others also try.

Galatians  6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HijabsHoodiesAfros said:
We can do little... Just like MLK, those with more power (e.g Celebs) can be catalysts to the movement. Speak up and not be scared for the potential tarnishing of their name!
Is it wrong to think that MLK's way is kinda wrong?

He did good dont get me wrong. But the fright is bigger than just marches and speaches. He still got shut up and killed. It so sad.

We need to be more organised. Rosa Parks was not the first to stay sitting on a bus seat. But it was well organised and "staged" to set a proper point to challenge and enforce a better law.

We need more organised situations that cause things to be addressed with people in high power backing the cause. Not just using Celebrity. But wise proactive people on both sides. Imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,095 Posts
I want to become a cop but after all the negativity that is associated with them, it is making me rethink my career path. I don't want to be a cop because I want to but because I have to if I want to eventually get the ideal job I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bboyRobert said:
I want to become a cop but after all the negativity that is associated with them, it is making me rethink my career path. I don't want to be a cop because I want to but because I have to if I want to eventually get the ideal job I want.
Id say still go for it. Good coos can do a lot. Tho it might seem small. You may be a good help.

Tbh we need people in the system to be part of it and effect it. But this is tricky.

Also the proportion of black cops in black areas is disproportionate in many places. Dont know if you are black. But a fact anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,325 Posts
it really wears down on you just how fucked up this is on several spectrums.

i'm not black but even i feel the pain and feel the sadness of these people being murdered for no reason other than because the people in uniform can.


it honestly makes me sick and i can't continue to see this. :floyd:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top