Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the consensus is that dark denim prevails over the world. And though I see that, I was shopping today and saw some amazing light denim jeans. I intend to go back and purchase it soon.

I am just curious for those who are familiar with fashion more than myself, why is it that light denim is frowned upon? Is there any history about how it became very popular? And why now it is losing it's popularity?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dmbp said:
I bought a pair of white apcs from their past collection. Wearing them now.

Pretty solid (no pun intended).
Whitedenim is dope. I have a pair (crying at random car paint stains)

·
Registered
429 Posts
i have a pair of light blue levi's 511s... i like them more these days because so many people refuse to wear a light wash at all.

G

·
I bought a pair of insight riot stretch jeans off plndr not too long ago.

in all honesty the jeans are a lot tighter than i thought they would be, a little too tight for me to wear around. but i have no problem with light denim, as long as the fit is good and the rest of your attire accomodates them.

p.s. totally just realized i'm probably going to throw these up on ebay. size 36. hit me up if you want pics.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CudLyfe said:
baggy light denim looks like shit but skinny light denim looks just fine to me
Baggy like regular fit? Or just baggy?

smoke stax said:
i have a pair of light blue levi's 511s... i like them more these days because so many people refuse to wear a light wash at all.
Rotation is what it's all about, not just one, but multiple wash jeans right?

·
Registered
429 Posts
TheWolvesDen said:
Rotation is what it's all about, not just one, but multiple wash jeans right?
yeah, for sure.  although most of my pairs are dark wash.  i`ve also got khakis and dark green denims, chino style work pants, etc.

need a pair of grey denims tho.  just can`t find a decent pair.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
smoke stax said:
yeah, for sure.  although most of my pairs are dark wash.  i`ve also got khakis and dark green denims, chino style work pants, etc.

need a pair of grey denims tho.  just can`t find a decent pair.
I got one dark, one grey and one white. Bought a stone khaki too. Planning on getting this light denim too. If my white jeans survive because of random car paint, then I think I should be in a decent position.

I been wanting a pair of go to hell pants (red/green/purple), either jeans or chinos but can't decide what is  flexible

·
Registered
429 Posts
TheWolvesDen said:
I got one dark, one grey and one white. Bought a stone khaki too. Planning on getting this light denim too. If my white jeans survive because of random car paint, then I think I should be in a decent position.

I been wanting a pair of go to hell pants (red/green/purple), either jeans or chinos but can't decide what is  flexible
i like the green, personally.  i think red is a bit much, but i mean, do what you feel you can pull off.  i`d look ridiculous in red pants of any sort.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
smoke stax said:
i like the green, personally.  i think red is a bit much, but i mean, do what you feel you can pull off.  i`d look ridiculous in red pants of any sort.
I think I would look ridiculous too. I also thought of yellow.  I havent made any decisions , and probably won't rush any. I will say though when I was like 8 I got green jeans, by the time I was 12 and out grew them,  I asked my mom about their existence... she said she can't find them.... so I think I might finish my quest of green jeans I have desired since my original pair at 8 lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
TheWolvesDen said:
I think I would look ridiculous too. I also thought of yellow.  I havent made any decisions , and probably won't rush any. I will say though when I was like 8 I got green jeans, by the time I was 12 and out grew them,  I asked my mom about their existence... she said she can't find them.... so I think I might finish my quest of green jeans I have desired since my original pair at 8 lol
i got mine at the gap tbh.. i generally wear gap and levi`s.  going to cop some nudies soon tho..

·
Registered
30,013 Posts
Just buy a pair of raw denim and wear it and wash it to death. Then, Ta da! You've got ultra faded jeans.

I dig the faded jeans.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MTP said:
Just buy a pair of raw denim and wear it and wash it to death. Then, Ta da! You've got ultra faded jeans.

I dig the faded jeans.
I guess I never did this cause I never had raw denim before. Just got a pair, I wonder if I should go crazy with it then

1 - 15 of 15 Posts