Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing a piece for my music blog about 808s and Heartbreak, and I'm interested in fan reaction to this record.  I remember on KL when it came out a lot of people didn't like it, and a lot of people loved it...but I just want to see how everyone's opinions have changed since it was released.

I may end up quoting you in the blog, although I'm not quite sure if I'll need to (depends on how it goes when I start writing).  Any help would be appreciated.  :stronger:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I loved it before it dropped. The leaks were mind blowing. Bought it the day it dropped and it hasnt left my car in 2 years. just an incredible project

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Loved it then, and love it much more now after hundreds of listens.

He didn't care, he was so keen to rush the album out because he just wanted us all to hear it. That bashfulness is what made it great.

·
Registered
27,950 Posts
I really enjoyed it when it was first released, but I've grown to not like it at all now. At the time, I was just happy because it was new Kanye and he's one of my favorite artists and also my tastes have changed from then to now.

·
Registered
21,416 Posts
To me, it's seasonal music. By that, I mean I can't listen to that album in the summer. Strictly Winter material.

Songs like Coldest Winter, Street Lights, and even Paranoid, don't sound as good to me during the Summer.

Although in the Winter, when it's darker and cold out, I listen to the album a ton.

·
Banned
7,748 Posts
arguably one of my fav albums ever. I was cutting my hair last night and wound up listening to the entire album all the way through

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
▲PRETTY BITCH said:
To me, it's seasonal music. By that, I mean I can't listen to that album in the summer. Strictly Winter material.

Songs like Coldest Winter, Street Lights, and even Paranoid, don't sound as good to me during the Summer.

Although in the Winter, when it's darker and cold out, I listen to the album a ton.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I hated it at first, I was like WTF is Ye doing but now I think its genius. Perfect Winter album. I hardly even notice the auto-tune, it's not like T-Pain, Wayne autotune cause Ye can kinda sing. It just gives his voice an electronic, futuristic feel which is what I think makes the album still sound fresh.

Remiscent of when Andre 3000 released The Love Below.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
i loved it! I listened to welcome to heartbreak about 15 times before i went on to heartless. And I still love the album and welcome to heartbreak is my most played song on itunes. 808s is my favourite Kanye album to be completely honest.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I had my doubts at first when the project was announced.

I admit I played the leak before I bough it on November 24th.  Being that it's a Kanye record, I had to give it a full listen.
Coldest winter was the song that hit me the most and was my favorite then.  I heard the first leaked version of Welcome to Hearbreak and I loved that first beat, and was a bit disappointed when I heard the finished version.  I was wishing he had kept the synths throughout, but when I heard how the beat had a better climax with the synths being brought at the end, I understand what Kanye did and I fell in love with the track.
I thought it was a good album, found myself playing it a lot, then I had a moment with Bad news one day, those strings at the end are so amazing.
The biggest surprise was Say you will, I just found myself playing and analyzing the song like no other Kanye song I had ever done, and it became my favorite piece that Kanye has done so far in his career.

Currently, I hold the album to such a high standard.  I think it's a masterpiece.  No album from Kanye flows as effortlessly as 808s & Heartbreak.  The transitions between the tracks are flawless, the best being Say you will to Welcome to Heartbreak.
Though this album is the simplest one in terms of production, in my opinion it shows that Kanye has truly mastered music with this body of work.

·
Registered
34,767 Posts
Was really unsure about it when it dropped, and a little bit disappointed that Ye hadn't followed up Graduation with similar project.

But it's grown on me, a lot. It's a brilliant piece of art and has ultimately broadened my mind in terms of what music I'm prepared to listen to.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts