Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on my debut project now and it's pretty heavily conceptual so I'm tryna get more into them. I know the obvious ones like GKMC/The Wall. Also Dirty Computer AOTY
:yejoice:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
KA - Honor killed the samurai is a good one. The way it draws similarities between the street life and the life of a samurai was well thought out imo. But the album may come off as boring to some people

Tetsuo and Youth was also pretty nice, album tells the story of Lupes life when played backwards with Mural being the track potraying his death and life flashing before his eyes (hence the references to cartoons he watched during his childhood)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drewzrd said:
self promo thread
I aint even got no music out yet lol

Good Yute said:
KA - Honor killed the samurai is a good one. The way it draws similarities between the street life and the life of a samurai was well thought out imo. But the album may come off as boring to some people

Tetsuo and Youth was also pretty nice, album tells the story of Lupes life when played backwards with Mural being the track potraying his death and life flashing before his eyes (hence the references to cartoons he watched during his childhood)
Oh yeah I really like Tetsuo/The Cool. Drogas WAVES sounds dope too. I really like days with yen lo so ill check out HKTS, thanks

HUSKY. said:
Is this a concept album?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thuggafewtch said:
No disrespect but I feel like people gotta Knw ur background to get into a artist concept album
Yeah I agree I'm tryna balance it to where it doesn't rely on the concept to be listenable, thanks tho
:khaled2:

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
TylerWaves said:
I aint even got no music out yet lol

Oh yeah I really like Tetsuo/The Cool. Drogas WAVES sounds dope too. I really like days with yen lo so ill check out HKTS, thanks
Is this a concept album?
i think it is. there's definitely a story behind it. i didn't know wikipedia had a list of concept albums but it's on there too :hah:

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
The Cool
BTI
GKMC
Section.80

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HUSKY. said:
i think it is. there's definitely a story behind it. i didn't know wikipedia had a list of concept albums but it's on there too :hah:
oh lmao I liked BTI but I don't really understand how its a concept album

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HUSKY. said:
that's interesting. have you seen the film that goes with it?
Nah I didn't even know there was one, I've seen a few of the videos before and they're cool but weird as fuck

1 - 20 of 46 Posts