Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
66,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin and I were arguing about this topic. I said hip hop artist's singles needs a singing hook and a hip pop beat.. The song needs to appeal to both white and black people that's why "Who Dat" didn't chart high. It was too hip hop for the radio. He disagrees. He said Not Afraid and No Hands charted high but I told him they hand singing hooks. He doesn't believe they have singing hooks. Someone please clarify this...  :mindfk:

What makes a hip hop artist song chart high?

:kanyeshrug:

·
0 Posts
A hot beat, poppy hook, a good delivery/flow and a big name artist attached to the name of single.

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
has to be catchy and something people can dance to 10 years later

or you can be Eminem

·
0 Posts
Szohr said:
catchy/simplistic lyrics
The lyrics don't have to be simplistic - look at Superstar, for example, or All Falls Down, Touch The Sky, etc.

·
Registered
37,386 Posts
Basically all of these.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Something with universal appeal, that many races would like, and something Tweens can sing all day long.

·
Registered
21,720 Posts
Something about a chick being the best thing in the world.

And yeah anything Eminem will chart high, always has, always will.

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Catchy hook + catchy beat + lyrics that aren't about black power or things that scare us white folks = hit song.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
you have to be a tool and write songs about nothing important or relevant to everyday life.

like a g6 like a g6 like g6

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
i was thinking about this yesterday and find it crazy some people chart well (b.o.b n flo rida) but cant sell at all :\

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
Rollie said:
you have to be a tool and write songs about nothing important or relevant to everyday life.

like a g6 like a g6 like g6
you dont go to parties dawg? :kanyeshrug:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts