Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
44,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for example i've always thought paid in full and it takes a nation of millions were overrated. :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
abstraktraps said:
for example i've always thought paid in full and it takes a nation of millions were overrated. :kanyeshrug:
i think 80s hip-hop in general is overrated :kanyeshrug: i get that they innovated and i have respect for that, but i just don't understand that if we're judging them on the same platform, how Rakim can compete with a lyricist like DOOM, for example

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
crimsonclear said:
i think 80s hip-hop in general is overrated :kanyeshrug: i get that they innovated and i have respect for that, but i just don't understand that if we're judging them on the same platform, how Rakim can compete with a lyricist like DOOM, for example
you listened to Rakim? Probably not a good example of what your trying to say

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
crimsonclear said:
rakim really is one of the greatest lyricists of all time though

much better than doom

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Moseley said:
rakim really is one of the greatest lyricists of all time though

much better than doom
LastCallCD said:
you listened to Rakim? Probably not a good example of what your trying to say
I mean, I just feel that no matter how innovative Rakim was, I haven't heard a Paid in Full cut that approaches the level of lyricism you hear on, for example, Outkast's Return of the G.  I could be wrong, and i'm open to being proved wrong, but right now i'm having trouble puttign them on the same tier.

·
Premium Member
133,379 Posts
crimsonclear said:
I mean, I just feel that no matter how innovative Rakim was, I haven't heard a Paid in Full cut that approaches the level of lyricism you hear on, for example, Outkast's Return of the G.  I could be wrong, and i'm open to being proved wrong, but right now i'm having trouble puttign them on the same tier.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.