Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I baught his first album with an FYE Giftcard when I was 7 and it was random and I turned out to love and baught every album since  :awesome:

What about you guys?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timesitheus said:
7? Damn.

To answer the question, 808s & Heartbreak.
I was hardcore into rap when I was in first grade and still am and I am in 8th and 808's really? I thought it would be Graduation for most people.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I must have been about 12 and seen a video with 'Ye wearing a white suit. No idea what video it was but I just recall seeing it and saying to my mate 'This bloke is fucking brilliant!!'

(This was CD era btw)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Over summer. I was going through some awful emotional shit and his music really spoke to me...
First album I got: Graduation (Good Life makes me happy to be alive, Stronger gets me pumped, and I Wonder gets me thinking)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Timesitheus said:
7? Damn.

To answer the question, 808s & Heartbreak.
808s? thats odd. i didnt think he would get many more fans with that.  but to answer the question i am embarrassed to say i didnt get into kanye until gold digger.  I was musically illiterate until then though and was pretty much a lil wayne stan. thank god ive evolved in my music taste lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
TBH I got into Kanye West after winning Graduation off my local toronto hip hop radio station (flow 93.5)

ive been a kanye stan since

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
boofb68 said:
808s? thats odd. i didnt think he would get many more fans with that. 
Album is a masterpiece IMO, but to clarify I was familiar with his other shit, but that album really made me look back and see the greatness.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
a ****** friend of mine was like "oh shit u gotta hear this new dude named kanye west" and at this time college dropout had just came out and i'd heard "through the wire" but i didn't pay that much attention and then my friend was like "i'll burn u a copy of it" so i was like ok cool next day he gives me the cd and:

1. that shit was way out of order tracks all misplaced
2. i became an instant lifetime fan of kanye west.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Timesitheus said:
Album is a masterpiece IMO, but to clarify I was familiar with his other shit, but that album really made me look back and see the greatness.
Yeah i could see that.  Its just different than the rest of his stuff so i didn't think he would gain fans that would like his whole career because of 808s.  Just new fans that like only 808s. But i feel ya tho

·
Registered
598 Posts
I got into him around 2007 (graduation) because by that year I started listening to hip/hop aside from only punk rock metal music genres that I listened. and happened to love it. But I already had heard gold digger and diamonds. Then I kept digging for kanye's music because graduation made me a stan too. I bought, LR, CD, and freshman adjustment 1, with 808s later when it came out the next year.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
when i was flipping through the channel and seen the cant tell me nothin vid and then the stronger vid right after.
thank u mtv

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I actually became a fan of Kanye 1 month after 808's had released. The song that really got me into him was Love Lockdown :ohno: Idk why though. I mean I always have heard Gold Digger, Stronger, Good Life, Through the Wire, etc. (all his major hits). But once I listened to LL, I decided to download 808's and from then on, I downloaded all music by him that I could and just became a fan since then :D And damn glad I did

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
In the car on the way to my uncles heard Through The Wire playing on the radio and was intruiged hearing about how he'd been in an accident and everything. Soon enough was impressed enough to spend a WHSmith voucher on his album and (thankfully) wasn't asked for a parent to be with me as I payed for College Dropout. The rest is history couldn't stop listening to it, loved every track, my favourite album. Bought every album since.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts