Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
11-12 CHI 34 34 35.6 0.450 0.314 0.819 0.7 2.8 3.5 8.0 0.9 0.7 2.9 1.4 22.8

Prove me wrong.
6 one way, half a dozen the other.

·
Banned
35,864 Posts
Nefari said:
But these are averages, why would that matter? The minutes per game are identical.
wut

These are averages for THIS YEAR

Rose has played in far less games than Westbrook, who knows what the reigning MVP could have been doing if he were actually playing.

This is a thread saying, "Let's compare a guy who's played 53 games of the season to a guy who's played 34 and make it seem like it's fair"

There's a huge difference.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lord F said:
wut

These are averages for THIS YEAR

Rose has played in far less games than Westbrook, who knows what the reigning MVP could have been doing if he were actually playing.

This is a thread saying, "Let's compare a guy who's played 53 games of the season to a guy who's played 34 and make it seem like it's fair"

There's a huge difference.
But theres one of the issues with Rose right there.He HASNT been playing.The Bulls have the best record in the league with Rose missing a third of the season.It could be argued that theyre still a top 4 seed without him.

·
Banned
35,864 Posts
ChainHeavy said:
But theres one of the issues with Rose right there.He HASNT been playing.The Bulls have the best record in the league with Rose missing a third of the season.It could be argued that theyre still a top 4 seed without him.
It's the first time he's missed significant time in a season, that is not considered an issue.

You don't think the Thunder can sustain without Westbrook?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rose is a better game manager. Doesn't take nearly as many dumb shots and when he does its because of the lack of ability from his teammates to create their own shots so he has to jack up a lot with time running down. He has a better jump shot. I'd say athletically they are the same and defensively about the same.

G

·
As a die hard Thunder fan i'm going to try coming at this without bias.Westbrook and Rose games are very similar but each has their own advantages. Westrbrooks midrange and postup game i find better then rose . But if a game was on the line the ball would definently go to Rose as he is a much better closer then westbrook. Derrick Rose always shows up and when going up against other elite pointguards he takes it to another level.  If i had to choose which one to put on my team i would have derrick rose at this point ( But in the future i see Westbrook as the better of the two),

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
ChainHeavy said:
Without Rose we are 12-7. With him we are 31-5.

So what are you talking about? Yes we would probably be the 4th or 5th seed in the east if he hadn't played all season. But his impact is obvious.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
Mothas2 said:
As a die hard Thunder fan i'm going to try coming at this without bias.Westbrook and Rose games are very similar but each has their own advantages. Westrbrooks midrange and postup game i find better then rose . But if a game was on the line the ball would definently go to Rose as he is a much better closer then westbrook. Derrick Rose always shows up and when going up against other elite pointguards he takes it to another level.  If i had to choose which one to put on my team i would have derrick rose at this point ( But in the future i see Westbrook as the better of the two),
Good points. I feel like Westbrook gets overshadowed by KD a lot. however, it's no question rose is better. He closes games like he has a kobe mindset. He is a better point guard. Westbrook has improved his game this year, more specifically in the last 2 months, while Rose has been injured. So obviously his stock is going to rise and rose's will drop creating this argument.

G

·
The thunder only have 3 main scorers his job is to SCORE without him they would be out of games. Derrick Rose holds the ball alot but noone ever comes at him since he is viewed as the calm collected superstar.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
Mothas2 said:
The thunder only have 3 main scorers his job is to SCORE without him they would be out of games. Derrick Rose holds the ball alot but noone ever comes at him since he is viewed as the calm collected superstar.
Quote from Lebron regarding Rose:

"When he has the ball you know he's coming for blood. He's a killer."

1 - 20 of 819 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.