Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started writing recently.. different types would like to hear about other writers whom might be on here also!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well what do you call serious? I love writing poetry, but not pursuing it in college but am trying to develop the talent.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just someone who doesn't consider writing a letter serious basically.. anyone who pursues it either as a hobby, study or career really :)

I've started some poetry, film scripts, plays, blogs and a book should really try and focus on one really lol

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
i attempt to write poetry from time to time :|

I used to do A LOT of creative writing (thought about making a thread tbh) can't really find the time to do it anymore though.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I write poetry and try to be as pro writer-esque on my blog but I have been taking the time to hone my editorial skills. I've been published in a few papers in Toronto and have been writing for some small time local magazines and editorials. It's not really a career I'm interested in per say but it comes with the territory of journalism studies.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Jr.Idol said:
Just someone who doesn't consider writing a letter serious basically.. anyone who pursues it either as a hobby, study or career really :)

I've started some poetry, film scripts, plays, blogs and a book should really try and focus on one really lol
I write book reviews on goodreads.com.  I like to think I'm rather good at it, but I know there is much room for improvement.  Poetry on the other hand, seems to come natural to me.  I believe if you want to be a good writer you need to be a reader as well; writing and reading go hand in hand IMO.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I kind of want to be a writer after school's done, either a Screenwriter or just writing novels. My only problem is actually writing things down and getting it done. Like what I usually do is just get down ideas for scenes and stuff and get that down.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Depends, when I really want to write, and its on any topic, and im emotional (no homo) then I can put some good stuff, but if its like teacher assinged essays and crap like that then im like... :joe:

So all depends

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
A poet and a general writer. The time to concentrate on short stories and more grandiose projects has escaped me as of late, so I have done much more poetry than those.  I have a DeviantArt account if anyone is interested.

Is anyone else here on DA?

·
Premium Member
53,164 Posts
I love to write.  I have a music blog (a basketball one too I've yet to start) and post for Seven Day Cinema with the dudes from here. 

I also really want to write a novel or screenplay at some point - I just haven't had any solid ideas yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts