Kanye to The banner

How would you rate Waves / Is it better than The Life of Pablo?

Votes: 34 15.2%

Votes: 38 17.0%

Votes: 29 12.9%

Votes: 16 7.1%

Votes: 6 2.7%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Better than The Life of Pablo

Votes: 59 26.3%
  • Not better than The Life of Pablo

Votes: 110 49.1%
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Banned
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Listen to the album like this at least once (Using OG versions of tracks is cool. Use soundcloud 30 Hours or cut out the bonus track outro.)

Your old self from January who was hyped as fuck off that legendary notepad would appreciate at least one listen to what was called "the album of the life" and "better than MBDTF".

What are your thoughts on WAVES?
How would you rate it 1-10?
Is it better than The Life of Pablo?

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
waves tracklist but put freestyle 4 after no more parties and replace fade with Feedback. goat tracklist. fade can be a bonus track

·
Banned
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Life of Rico said:
Gonna just make a playlist and title in Waves with this tracklist

Reserved

Edit: Using OG Highlights and Wolves
forgot to mention it makes more sense to use the 30 hours on soundcloud. that was the album version before it became a bonus tracks.

·
Banned
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Audiohead said:
waves tracklist but put freestyle 4 after no more parties and replace fade with Feedback. goat tracklist. fade can be a bonus track
we're not making tracklist changes though. we're discussing the WAVES album as it was on the notepad.

·
Banned
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Broom said:
no fuck you im not doing this just enjoy the goddamn album that is out
thread is not a shot at life of pablo :drakewhat:

were you anticipating this album based off the notepad?

aight then

we're discussing what the hype was all about now that we got all the tracks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like it but prefer the 11 track TLOP - thats the joy of the whole thing but yes Waves is good - the released TLOP is my least fave

·
Registered
145 Posts
If it was released like this, he might have made aoty no lie. TLOP is great but a few joints on it just make me feel like it could have been better off with a little less.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
My tracklisting is similar but with a couple alterations:
1. ULB
2. Father Stretch My Hands (1&2)
3. Famous
4. Feedback
5. Highlights
6. 30 Hours
7. Waves
8. No More Parties in LA
9. FML
10. Real Friends
11. Wolves
12. Fade (works as sort of a "credits" track)

I found this to be the best arrangement for all the songs. Feels balanced and nothing feels too out of place.

·
Banned
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Crimson_Ark said:
My tracklisting is similar but with a couple alterations:
1. ULB
2. Father Stretch My Hands (1&2)
3. Famous
4. Feedback
5. Highlights
6. 30 Hours
7. Waves
8. No More Parties in LA
9. FML
10. Real Friends
11. Wolves
12. Fade (works as sort of a "credits" track)

I found this to be the best arrangement for all the songs. Feels balanced and nothing feels too out of place.
please take tracklist changes to another thread

WAVES tracklist is in OP and this thread about that OG tracklist

·
Banned
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been listening to this for the past few days so my thoughts:

- Famous sets a great tone for the album as the intro. Already a great track but having it as the intro makes me like it even more. This opener is flaaames.
- Father Stretch My Hands as one track makes the beat change more enjoyable for some reason...also appreciate not having to hit rewind twice to run the whole track back
- I see why Ye had Waves and Highlights back to back...two potential radio smashes. Waves is better placed on here imo.
- 30 Hours and NMPILA have some of my favorite bars on the entire album and mix the sound of the album up a little bit. 30 Hours is one of the chillest beats on a Ye album. NMPILA top 1 rap event of the year, deserved to be more than a bonus track.
- Fade (using OG) destroys my sub. Again mixing up the sound of the album with a house type vibe. Beat is hard as bricks
- FML -> Real Friends -> Wolves (OG) one of Ye's best 3 track runs of all time. Favorite stretch of the album
- ULB closes out the album on a feel good high note in the same way Last Call, Lost in the World and Bound 2 did. Enjoy it anywhere on the album but an especially good outro
- Album overall is well balanced with no filler

WAVES 9/10

1 - 20 of 159 Posts