Votes: 146 52.3%
  • 750k-1 milli

Votes: 51 18.3%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
23,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so there are mixed predictions about how this will go with the digital being released on the 8th (Monday) and then the physical being in stores on the 12th (Friday). Most people had no idea WTT would be on iTunes, so a lot of people pre-ordered off the official website. Who knows how many pre-orders they got. The pre-order went up July 4th, so I would say at least 250,000 pre-orders. That may be low with the pre-order being available awhile before it going on iTunes. Okay, so then we got Otis and the iTunes pre-order. It has been the #1 hip hop album for days and sits at #3 overall. Otis was #12 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week. That is exceptional for it not being your typical radio song. On top of all of that, it hasn't leaked and we are less than a week from its release!! This is Jay-Z and Kanye West. One of the biggest rappers of all time and one of the biggest and most talked about rappers in music today. Everyone will want the album, so they will buy it on iTunes come Monday. Then, you will have your hardcore Jay-Z & Kanye West fans go out Friday and pick up a physical copy. Their fan bases overlap, but both have enormous followings. Having a month to pre-order before it went up on iTunes, a big radio song in Otis, a separate digital and physical release, and two big time rappers on one album with big fan bases will make this album have not good, but GREAT first week sales. What's your prediction?

·
Banned
23,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I said at least 500k a few weeks ago and I got quoted about 5 times with people laughing at me. We will see whose laughing come next week. I'm predicting 500k-750k.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
I think over 500k, but I'm gonna be optimistic and voted for that million

1 - 20 of 81 Posts