My rag in my pocket
I’m just looking for love
I know somebody got it
Champagne for the pain
Weed for the low
God damn I’m so high
Where the fuck did I go? "

If discussed, please lock.

But think about what he says & "How to Love" by Wayne. IMO he's saying how Wayne was once seen as arguably the greatest rapper alive couple years ago but drugs has taken over and made him into a whole different artist.

It's not to farfetched seeing how Jay talks about other artist in that verse too

·
Premium Member
52,578 Posts
YeProdigy said:
"My tears is tatted
My rag in my pocket
I’m just looking for love
I know somebody got it
Champagne for the pain
Weed for the low
God damn I’m so high
Where the fuck did I go? "

If discussed, please lock.

But think about what he says & "How to Love" by Wayne. IMO he's saying how Wayne was once seen as arguably the greatest rapper alive couple years ago but drugs has taken over and made him into a whole different artist.

It's not to farfetched seeing how Jay talks about other artist in that verse too
drugs were the reason Wayne was making good music tbh

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
i was thinking of a rap genius thread and we go through each song one by one and decifer the lines from each song on wtt and then move onto the next one before sumbitting the sumbliminals on rap genius :work:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Grad-Bear said:
i was thinking of a rap genius thread and we grow through each song one by one and decifer the lines from each song on wtt and then move onto the next one before sumbitting the sumbliminals on rap genius :work:
create a thread for No Church In The Wild first. i wanna see more interpretations of it bc i dont really understand that track haha. i kind of have a hunch that the whole song is paralleling religion to hip-hop though. idk. :ohno:

·
Premium Member
11,016 Posts
Grad-Bear said:
i was thinking of a rap genius thread and we grow through each song one by one and decifer the lines from each song on wtt and then move onto the next one before sumbitting the sumbliminals on rap genius :work:
this would be really cool

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Grad-Bear said:

·
Registered
967 Posts
IllestMotherAlive said:
Guess you weren't living 05-08.
I died from the experience of listening to Carter 2 and 3 and then was ressurected by MBDTF.
Lil wayne is an even poorer man's eminem. Sure you can rhyme really fast with lot's of words but that doesn't make it mean anything. At least Eminem is good on a technical level.
Lil Wayne is....
Lil Wayne :hah:

·
Banned
16,895 Posts
JawDropper said:
I died from the experience of listening to Carter 2 and 3 and then was ressurected by MBDTF.
Lil wayne is an even poorer man's eminem. Sure you can rhyme really fast with lot's of words but that doesn't make it mean anything. At least Eminem is good on a technical level.
Lil Wayne is....
Lil Wayne :hah:
Carter 2 was greatm, 3 was decent. His mixtapes are where it's at though. Go listen to Da Drought 3 aka THE GREATEST MIXTAPE EVER! :work:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
it sounds like hes describing wayne on face surface but y would he take shots at wayne he like wayne and even if he is talkn about wayne here he didnt say anything negaive about him soooooo no shots

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
yes....jay said multiple times he was gona pass the tourch to wayne.....but now its lookin like its goin to yeezy

no doubt thats about wayne

1 - 20 of 22 Posts