Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about the placement of the songs and why fade was picked to be the closer to the album. As we know, the album is basically Kanye's life story. He talks about events that happened in the past in an autobiographical kinda way on tracks like Real Friends, 30 Hours, and FSMH Pt 2. And he talks about more current events in his life on other tracks like NMPILA and Wolves. To further emphasize this "life story" theme he blends styles from every album he's ever put out. I think this is why he referred to it as "Album of the life".

Now, any biography eventually ends with the death of the person being written about. Obviously kanye is still alive, but that doesn't mean he cant write a song about his inevitable end. I think that's what "Fade" is about. The lyrics "I feel it fade" refers to Kanye feeling the life force drain out of him. The pulsating house beat strongly resembles the sound of a heartbeat, and at the very end of the track it starts to quiet and slow down as if kanye's heart is about to stop.

Now we'll probably never know if this is the message kanye intended for this song to deliver, but it's fun to speculate about. For me personally, the album became a lot more cohesive when considered from this angle. Tracks like wolves make a lot more sense, where when kanye says he's beat up and discarded he may be talking about growing old.

I know it's a huge reach but I think that's part of the fun ofor being a kanye fan. His albums don't have super easy to follow story's like Kendrick's, so you're left to piece together the puzzle yourself.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
LMAO I did lowkey think that he was finna delete his Twitter and retire from the media and that's what the song was about but this is too much :koolaid:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
mhurley187 said:
So I was thinking about the placement of the songs and why fade was picked to be the closer to the album. As we know, the album is basically Kanye's life story. He talks about events that happened in the past in an autobiographical kinda way on tracks like Real Friends, 30 Hours, and FSMH Pt 2. And he talks about more current events in his life on other tracks like NMPILA and Wolves. To further emphasize this "life story" theme he blends styles from every album he's ever put out. I think this is why he referred to it as "Album of the life".

Now, any biography eventually ends with the death of the person being written about. Obviously kanye is still alive, but that doesn't mean he cant write a song about his inevitable end. I think that's what "Fade" is about. The lyrics "I feel it fade" refers to Kanye feeling the life force drain out of him. The pulsating house beat strongly resembles the sound of a heartbeat, and at the very end of the track it starts to quiet and slow down as if kanye's heart is about to stop.

Now we'll probably never know if this is the message kanye intended for this song to deliver, but it's fun to speculate about. For me personally, the album became a lot more cohesive when considered from this angle. Tracks like wolves make a lot more sense, where when kanye says he's beat up and discarded he may be talking about growing old.

I know it's a huge reach but I think that's part of the fun ofor being a kanye fan. His albums don't have super easy to follow story's like Kendrick's, so you're left to piece together the puzzle yourself.
are you implying kanye is gonna die "rocking the boat, working the middle"??

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Mr Waluigi said:
Ye says on 30 Hours that this is the bonus
Tidal also says there are 4 bonus tracks
But if they end up being pressed on physicals and such are they still really bonus?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts